advertisement

Quad 2 pin mains plugs

naimplayer

Aspiring to be a halfwit.
Can anybody tell me where I can buy the 2 pin mains plugs for Quad valve equipment. I need three. I can source mains leads at made up prices. I wish to make my own leads at a reasonable cost to power up the ever growing Quad stuff that I keep buying. I will of course buy existing leads from pfm'ers if they are available.

Thank you in anticipation.

Hi there - think what you're after is the Bulgin adapter. Not sure they can sell these legally given they are not longer up to spec but you may be able to find them on eBay.

On a slightly off-topic note, I have a pair of Jones -> RCA plugs available for Quad IIs - bought them in anticipation of buying a set of these amps but never got round to finding a pair at sensible prices. They look exactly like these ones (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=111020582135) just after £25 + postage. Let me know if you need these

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Hi,

First koowat is right, these are no longer 'approved' for 240 volt working. There were all sorts of makes and quality and some are literally 'shocking', they will kill you if you are not careful... Make sure they are not cracked or have signs of tracking to the clamp screw. They will all be old and the brown speckled Bakelite ones are fragile. Black Bulgin make (type P29) were the best.

Why not take the opportunity to upgrade to IEC connector types?

If you must keep them original, Classique Sounds Leicester used to have Bulgin ones. They come up on ebay too, look for BUSH DAC90 mains plug or socket, but be sure they are good as above. (Most Eddystone types are polarised, i.e. one pin is bigger in diameter, so will not fit Quad, Chapman, Dulci, etc. amps.)

Alan

advertisement

Back