advertisement

QNAP TS209 NAS server

duncan

I bought one of these here a few years ago thinking I could set up a home server system. It was sold in good faith (I believe) but I could never get it to function properly despite some technical support from the seller. It's in very good cosmetic condition and switched on and wirred away impressively. I'm too thick to understand this kind of thing and anything more than plug-and-play was always going to be an expensive way of reminding myself this.

Anyone interested?

I sympathize
I did the same... bought one with great expectations of an easy setup...but I proved not up to the task...

Hi,
I have a QNAP NAS with a Twonky Media Server listening on port 9000. What do I have to do that MM is able to play music from this Media Server ?

The Media Server also would be able to run as a iTunes Server would this maybe be better for MM than Twonky ?

Cheers Wolle

I had a WD Live network hard drive and Twonky was the proprietory media server programme that came with it. I have recently upgraded to a Qnap and so Twonky no longer applies. If your Qnap is attached to your wi fi router then it becomes part of your wi fi network and is thus "visible" to any DLNA device (smart TV, blu ray player, tablet, phone etc) and most will have their own media software.
(ps mod, thread needs moving to DIY ?)

advertisement

Back