Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Q acoustics owner's calling

Discussion in 'audio' started by antonio1, Jul 7, 2017.

1. antonio1

antonio1 pfm Member

- which model 2xxx 3xxx
    works best in a 4 x3,5 room
    on bookshelves
    Amp is Brio r 3

Am I right discharging 2010 and 3010 to get higher scale and definitely lean over 3020 (not 2020) for a much better match with the Rega even though not using stands and thus loosing potential somewhat?thanks for any hint

2. Weiss-Man

Weiss-Man pfm Member

As far as I am aware the voicing of their speakers is similar as you go up the range. I have just bought 2010i, for £90 they are fantastic, if you prefer a fuller sound, go bigger.

Good luck

3. Rana

Rana pfm Member

Concept 20

4. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

As far as I know the 2020 series must be outgoing based on massive dealer discounts offered

Personally I found these a bit muffled and fuller than 2010 which is fine indeed for silly low price

Anyway a great budget speaker, so are 30xx but pricewise closer to many older UK origins such as Diamonds, Heybrooks, Royd or Rega to name a few

I would choose the good old UK style myself, anyday of the week
    And they would all match a Brio which would create great sound on the cheapskate

5. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Sadly I can't speak for how the Q's would sound on a bookshelf, but having owned a pair of 2010i's for a couple of years - and now the 3010 - they continue to surprise me at their capabilities. That's in a room 7m x 4m.

I also have a pair of Royd Sintra II's which are gathering dust. Yes, the 3010 is that good - they do need a bit of care in setting up/positioning though. For the money, a stone-cold bargain.

6. Conan

Conan Loop digger

Gromit
    How do the 3010s sound at low volume?

7. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

They do seem to be more convincing in this regard c/w with the earlier 2010i's. Whether that's down to me using a different amp than before. I'm now using, and am very happy with, a Cyrus 8vs with PSX-R. With the 2010i's they were used mainly with a Sony 770ES.

The 3010 is just a great little speaker, more than capable of revealing changes further back in the audio chain.