advertisement

Putin's Palace, Environs and a Web of Corruption - by Alexei Navalny

DimitryZ

pfm Member
Russian dissident politician, who was poisoned by FSB but survived, has returned to Russia after convalescing in Germany and was immediately jailed for 30 days.

However, while in Germany, he was diligently working on this amazing expose of Putin's personal holdings and a web of corruption around them. He released it on his first day in jail.

So, while we all have very valid complaints about our often wretched politicians, I recommend this well-done film, so we can feel a tiny bit better about our situations.

It's a bit long, but there is a lovely middle section of 3-D interior constructs developed from detailed palace plans and a spirited call to action at the end. English subtitles.

I think other powers need to make it clear in advance what the tariff will be if he is killed or another attempt on his life is made and preferably penalties targeted at Putin and his circle rather than those causing economic harm to ordinary Russians,
Absolutely. The cronies living in luxury flats in Knightsbrisge and Manhattan need to be told to FO for starters. Because they might have an accident too.

I think other powers need to make it clear in advance what the tariff will be if he is killed or another attempt on his life is made and preferably penalties targeted at Putin and his circle rather than those causing economic harm to ordinary Russians,

Dominic Raaaab will be very cross indeed. He might even stamp his little foot.

Raab, like Williamson is capable of attracting further Novichok / polonium attention just by opening their mouths and mentioning Russia. Putin would probably do it just for the hell of it.

Russian dissident politician, who was poisoned by FSB but survived, has returned to Russia after convalescing in Germany and was immediately jailed for 30 days.

However, while in Germany, he was diligently working on this amazing expose of Putin's personal holdings and a web of corruption around them. He released it on his first day in jail.

So, while we all have very valid complaints about our often wretched politicians, I recommend this well-done film, so we can feel a tiny bit better about our situations.

It's a bit long, but there is a lovely middle section of 3-D interior constructs developed from detailed palace plans and a spirited call to action at the end. English subtitles.

Thanks for posting

@DimitryZ

Thanks for that post; I've actually watched all of it.
A very brave piece of work, and also illuminating for those of us, like me, who only absorb the gist of this particular Mafia-state situation generally from a western/ native-language-news perspective.

@DimitryZ

Thanks for that post; I've actually watched all of it.
A very brave piece of work, and also illuminating for those of us, like me, who only absorb the gist of this particular Mafia-state situation generally from a western/ native-language-news perspective.
Thank you.

Russia is a real mess now.

My wife and I have watched about half of this so far. It's pretty clear that Putin wants to go back to the old days of the Tsars, with him as the successor to Peter The Great. All done with dirty money, bribery and corruption.

What a heroic effort by Navalny.

Nice thought but sadly I can’t see it happening.

advertisement

Back