advertisement

Public Service Announcement: Good Brum charity shop vinyl haul

pqpq

pfm Member
I had some good finds in a charity shop this morning - a nice mono first pressing (or at worst a very early pressing) of Dave Brubeck's Time Out, an unusual Louis Armstrong 10" from 1954, a load of Stephane Grappelli and a nice (but worthless apparently) mono Buddy Holly's greatest hits on Coral amongst other stuff.

Anyway, I'm posting because there was a lot of interesting looking classical vinyl amongst the inevitable junk. Most of it looked 50s - 70s, noticed some Decca stuff which I know people like. There were quite a few unusual looking Spanish pressings, and some US ones too with the paper on card style sleeves. I don't know much about classical vinyl, so I could be mistaken...

Everything I bought was barely played, and so I guess most of it is good, although some of the covers were a bit rough. Most of it looks as though it was from the same collection. All 99p.

If anyone's interested, it's in the YMCA shop at the north end of Erdington High Street in Birmingham. I'd say it isn't worth travelling far to look at, but if anyone's in the area it might be worth a look.

Well I've had quite a bit of help on here recently, and being a bit of a dunce when it comes to hi-fi this is the nearest I can do to returning the favour.

Just got on to the Alan Parsons Project album I bought. Not really worth 99p to be honest, but everything else has been good.

advertisement

Back