advertisement

Public Image

dss

Musical Bons
I see there are a batch of Pubic Image re-masters out, including an album called 'Psycho's Path' is it.

Samples showing it being a std eurorock / pubrock like - What has happened here?

DS

I saw that one. Came up as a recommendation on my Spotify. Tis a reissue of John Lydon solo album. Have you seen more PIL reissues?

All of the albums are listed as being re-issued / re-mastered, from First Issue to 9 is it.

Perhaps there is hope that some enterprising soul will have a go at digging out some of the Keith Levine work? Not the pre-early Clash stuff, but the post-PiL solo stuff before the drugs stopped working there.

DS

All of the albums are listed as being re-issued / re-mastered, from First Issue to 9 is it.

Perhaps there is hope that some enterprising soul will have a go at digging out some of the Keith Levine work? Not the pre-early Clash stuff, but the post-PiL solo stuff before the drugs stopped working there.

DS

Is that the Missing Channel stuff? I wasn't sold on what I heard but based on the title I assumed it was post-his involvement with On-U Sound.

I have been on the lookout for 2011 - Back Too Black for a while, never seen it around is it.

Same for Murder Global : Killer in the Crowd.

My point here being, is that that when PiL had Lydon, Wobble and Levine, it was new, different, special, as each one went off, it got more and more Lydon's shouty rock gig, if you know there.

DS

Public image and metal box were/are superb but went downhill pretty quick after that imo.

Was watching pil on sky arts the other day from from isle of weight 2011.
Religion was very good.

His voice is much more interesting now than his early stuff.
Still not quite sinatra but getting there.

advertisement

Back