advertisement

PT2 V1

Bucks

My original PT TT bought in the late 70's received its final upgrade to PT2 V1 status in Dec 2008. However, I am confused about its V1 status as it has one drive pulley and I understand that a full vector upgrade has three pulleys. So - does the TT have a partial vector upgrade and, if so, what would this have entailed? (noting that I was not given a description when invoiced for the upgrade!). Also, can a standard drive belt be used as the current belt is slipping?

Never heard of a PT2, any upgrade in 2008 cannot have been done by PT so any appellation attached to it then would be somewhat bogus, even if done by Funk.

There were numerous version all sold as PT1 anyway.

There is an immensely knowledgeable, experienced, and helpful lot of PT nuts over on Vinyl Engine if you want to understand better what is what.

AFAIK the pt 2 (sometimes spelt 'pt too' ) had some mods done to it in particular a change from a dc motor on pt1 to an ac motor plus external ps. Then there were exports which had the power supply built in in addition to other cosmetic stuff. Your pt2 V1 does sound like possibly a genuine mod ie V1 may stand for 'vector 1 pulley ' particularly if it was done by Funk. Do'nt know about the belt size though and I confess to not having heard about this particular mod.

Ahhhh!

PT TOO!!

In which case, entirely correct @the loaf - AC motor. Least preferred PT TT, not uncommonly converted (by DIYers) to an Anni'. Back to DC for the Anni', as was the PT1, and probably the Original.

The Funk vector drive is 3 pulleys - one dive, two idler, obviously, but also covers (or covered) the power supply/speed control. Arthur is very loath to work on any PT kit unless the work involves a Funk upgrade, so it may be that the motor/speed controller was changed, which is the stock answer to any query. All the potential upgrades that Funk offer will be on their website, so check for a close cost match.

Drive belt? Standard? A standard PT TOO belt is what is needed.

I had my 1983 PT1 upgraded to a PT Too about 89/90.

External PSU in rectangular metal case, seen later ones with the fancier wooden case ala Anni, motor cable exits using the hole left after removing the DC jack socket and new a square push switch top left rather than the triangular swivel one. Belt is same.

Sounds like you have an early Funk Vector version before the full on Vector Drive with 3 point fitting. Reckon belt is same as PT1/Too.

True Point do a lot of PT work.

Thanks everyone for your comments. After its last upgrade to PT2 V1, Arthur said "never again".

Whatever a PT2 V1 might be....................... probably we shall never know.................

advertisement

Back