advertisement

Project Debut Carbon usb model - question

ryebread

pfm Member
Project Debut Carbon USB

Question:

Can I bypass the built-in preamp? I do not see any switches, or another set of outputs. So I suppose the answer is NO.

Why do I have this usb model?

I purchased this deck to transfer a bunch of vinyl over to my media server. Project complete:)

It's a decent deck for the $. Comes with a nice tonearm, built-in soundstage makes the usb transfer easy. The line out to my Marantz 1601 ss receiver (no stage) is making decent music. The preamp in this TT is substantially better than the one provided in a $1200 denon "ci version" ss receiver in another room. But I wouldn't mind mating it up to a 540p or nad pp2.

However it doesn't come with the 2m red, like it's brother from the same mother... the "non-usb" model. And it apparently doesn't offer the ability to bypass the on-board preamp :(

I was going to flip this deck after my project was complete. But I had it setup in my living room. And my wife has been caught putting on a record or two lately! So maybe I'll keep it a while. I don't mind her playing around with my equipment of this price range. Don't get me wrong, it's decent. But this deck feels a lil "fisher price" compared with my setup in the basement, a VPI Traveler.

Cheers, thx for reading

advertisement

Back