advertisement

Programmable remote?

gassor

There may be more posts after this.
For over a year I have been trying to locate a remote control for JVC AX Z1010 amp (10? years old) but found nothing. I wondered if a programmable remote could do the trick. All I want to do is be able to adjust the volume from my seat. Anyone know about these things?

well as with anything its dependent on what you want to spend. I have the harmony elite and its without doubt the best remote I have ever owned.

Thing is you will need something with a database as you wont be able to programme it without the old remote.

Are JVC part of another group? I ask because a lot of remotes share protocols. As an example my AVI CD player has a Phillips mech, the original remote has been lost but I can get most functions (start, stop, skip track) with a generic Marantz remote. If you can find a model from elsewhere in the group you may find one that has enough shared features to do what you want to do.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Are JVC part of another group? I ask because a lot of remotes share protocols. As an example my AVI CD player has a Phillips mech, the original remote has been lost but I can get most functions (start, stop, skip track) with a generic Marantz remote. If you can find a model from elsewhere in the group you may find one that has enough shared features to do what you want to do.

Tried another remote from JVC which looked sort of similar, but didn't work.

Harmony says yes, according to the Logitech database

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/compatibility

A basic refurbed one is £27.50 at Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Y34TAA0/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Or the posh ones with the hub thingy often come down to around £100 or less in Amazon sales (and B***k F****y is imminent...)

Hell yes. Relying on THAT CERTAIN EVENT, because I want one of the flashy ones with a nice screen, possibly a touch screen. But for controlling a system, the 300 I have spare will sort the OP out a treat :)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back