Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Prof Brian Cox’s latest tweet.

Discussion in 'audio' started by Tony Lockhart, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Dave***t

Dave***t Revolutionary relativist

It’s certainly one cat where calling it Mittens would actually make sense :)

Craig B and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  2. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

Nice litter tray.

Darmok, Rob998 and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  3. deserter

deserter pfm Member

That would explain why my moggy is transfixed by vinyl but walks out when I play CDs

4. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

My pair seem to prefer FM radio. If I have NPR playing in the background they'll curl up on the sofa and soak it in all day; put on an LP or CD and they're likely to dash off.

Monitor Gold 10 and deserter like this.
  5. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony Aim low, achieve your goals, avoid disappointment.

Brian Cox used to be a regular contributor to the old Naim forum. “Doc bri” IIRC.

Fatmarley and Tim Jones like this.
  6. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

Wonder if he uses CAT 5 or 7. Probably 9.

Durmbo and Isobarik like this.
  7. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Probably Cat S. No idea what it is until you look at it.

8. Monitor Gold 10

Monitor Gold 10 pfm Member

My visitor loves Jazz; particularly Miles Davis (Various Albums) and Wes Montgomery (Various Albums) however if I play anything with vocals, he tends to be less relaxed; unless it's Joni Mitchell; in this case he'll sleep upside down...

Anything Dance-like with a 4/4 Beat, he'll ask to leave!

If I take too long to get to the sound system, he'll sniff and look at the 'speakers as well as stand on his hind-legs and look directly at the amplifier! :D

9. cctaylor

cctaylor pfm Member

I remember vividly our first cat, Tigger, listening to Time on Dark Side of the Moon. His ears twitching as each clock chimed. If his ears were longer he might have taken off.

10. MJS

MJS Technical Tinkerer

I posted an old pic of our (still alive) fluff monster on top of my CDI in that thread. He liked it. I was grinning ear-to-ear.

11. chris turner

chris turner Active Member

they all seem to do it......

[​IMG]

The Bish and Tony Lockhart like this.
  12. H20GNA

H20GNA pfm Member

Doesn’t that depend on it’s state :)

Gary

13. Durmbo

Durmbo not French

Having a cat on black Naim improves its appearance infinitely!

14. hifi-dog

hifi-dog pfm Member

aaarrrgh! i couldn't cope with the fur and bits of crap that cats shed on my naim!!

15. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

Neither of our cats goes anywhere near any of my hi-fi equipment.

On the rare occasions when they did when they were younger, I made it quite clear that I would prefer them not to, and they seem to have got the message!

Nytechy likes this.
  16. toprepairman

toprepairman pfm Member

Back in the days of repairing video machines you always know if it came from a house with a cat in it.
    The quote was always 'it'll be cheaper to buy a new one'.

17. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Naah, they just don't do it when you're watching...

MJS and Beobloke like this.
  18. a.palfreyman

a.palfreyman pfm Member

His cat has clearly evolved much faster than other cats, you can see a 'normal' cat's paw in several other images. Wonder if that's what happens when you stand next to the super-conducting magnets at CERN? (Doesn't his wife refer to it as the 'Large Hard-on Colluder' IIRC?)

19. suzywong

suzywong Wot, no electrons?

Applies to Desktop PCs as well. For some reason Daughter#2's PC was the worst; never understood why, coz all four family PCs were built with the same cases. But in hers, the processor fan actually stopped working coz it was bunged up with cat fur!!! :D:D:D

20. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart Avoiding Stress, at Every Opportunity

Ran hotter

;)