advertisement

Problems with iTunes/Spotify with Mavericks

ports1000

pfm Member
Mac mini into Young M2tech dac.
Since upgrading to Apple's new Maverick I can't get iTunes or Spotify to work.
When I press play it reverts straight back to pause. In Spotify pressing play does nothing.If I use airplay to another room it works, but only in the other room,the mac mini does nothing!
I have checked audio midi and that is showing the dac as the output,I have downloaded the latest iTunes,unplugged everything and reconnected but still nothing.
Is there something obvious I am not doing or forgotten? Anyone else having a problem with Mavericks?
Any help or suggestions gratefully received,thanks.

Steve,wouldn't the Young still need the same driver tho,good idea anyway,will check it out!

I was assuming the Young might need drivers for a USB connection, toslink won't so you will at least eliminate the new OSX as the direct cause. One of the reasons I use a native OSX supported USB converter is to avoid this sort of issue.

Steve,thanks for that,works with toslink,guess that shows that the Young driver doesn't work with Maverick.Don't know if its my imagination but it seemed to sound better with usb!

Well sort of good news then. I would check with their website for announcements - I think Chord are also yet to release a driver that works with Mavericks.

advertisement

Back