advertisement

Problem with Spotify update on Logitech Media Server

OldSkool

pfm Member
Against my usual mantra of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" when it comes to all things PC-wise, I rashly updated the Spotty plugin in LMS a couple of days ago to the latest version (v4.6.0) and immediately got an error.

When LMS is run I now get an error "VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer - try reinstalling the application..."

I've tried removing the Spotty plug-in and then re-enabling it. I then updated LMS to the latest version to see if that helped. I then resorted to a full de-install and fresh download of LMS (v8.1.1) but to no avail - still have the same error once I try to select Spotify from the 3rd part plug-in list.

I'm on Windows 7 still (!) if that's relevant but any advice from anyone who's more PC literate than me on how to go about fixing this?

So the application is created using a newer version of a compiler and given you are on win 7, the runtime library is missing.

Installing the library below should resolve the issue (noting that it can be a bit hit and miss to get the exact runtime need)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685

Also note, the assumption that this will work is based on you getting your software stack back to the same as when you got the original error.

Peter

So the application is created using a newer version of a compiler and given you are on win 7, the runtime library is missing.

Installing the library below should resolve the issue (noting that it can be a bit hit and miss to get the exact runtime need)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685

Also note, the assumption that this will work is based on you getting your software stack back to the same as when you got the original error.

Peter

Thanks Peter - just did that and it works, I'm all back up and running!

I'd buy you a beer for your help if I could. Failing that I may go and have one now on your behalf! :)

I'd buy you a beer for your help if I could. Failing that I may go and have one now on your behalf! :)

Glad it worked.

No need to buy me a beer, I buy enough already.

I am actually going around to a mates place tonight to install the latest version for Fedora KDE Linux and LMS 8.1 with the Material Skin for him which as we know is very thirsty work so will have one in your honour.

Peter

advertisement

Back