advertisement

Proac Tablette 10 Signature Experiences

novak

pfm Member
Hi all,

I'm thinking about trying (or a home demo if I can) the new Proac Tablette 10 Signature, as an alternative (or complementary partner) to my Harbeth P3ESR and Linn Kans. My amp is a Jadis Orchestra Reference SE (and Nait 1 usually for the Linn Kans). The source is a Mac/ Chord Hugo. The room is around 4m x 5.5m inc. a bay window.

I love the tonality of the Harbeths, they have outlived dozens of speakers through the years. However, I love the open and fast sound of Kans, but tonally they can sound a little brash to qualify as my main system.

With this in mind, I'm thinking the Proac Tablette 10 Signature (from recent commentary) might be a balance of sounding natural, but also detailed and open. I have never heard them before, and I'm thinking of buying online (If I cannot home demo) so any experiences would be much appreciated.

I have a few questions:
  • How would you describe their sound?
  • Can they be used away from the wall? (around 30cm due to the fireplace design).
  • How do they compare to the P3ESR?
  • How are they compared to other Proacs? ie. Tablette Anniversary? D1? 1SC? DB1?
  • Do they need heavy stands? (as often pictured)
  • Are they good at low volumes?

I'd be very interested in the new Signature too. So impressed with the original Tab 10 in my 2nd room that I am thinking of getting another pair for the main system.

l doubt many folk have heard them as they are so new....... would love to hear them too, not seen a any reviews either, the Ebony finish looks amazing!:)

I have a few questions:
  • How would you describe their sound? Can't do that, I'm rubbish at it.
  • Can they be used away from the wall? (around 30cm due to the fireplace design). Mine do, firing down the room they're about 25cm off the rear wall.
  • How do they compare to the P3ESR? Not heard them.
  • How are they compared to other Proacs? ie. Tablette Anniversary? D1? 1SC? DB1? Not heard them.
  • Do they need heavy stands? (as often pictured) I prefer mine on heavy stands yes.
  • Are they good at low volumes? Yes.

I imagine the difference between the Sigs and standard 10s is very subtle, so have had a bash at answering some of the above.

I know these are ebony, so they look different from the regular Tablette 10. I'd be very interested to know if they sound different.

I'd wish they'd stop making those silly biwire connections
Proacs not the worst but how many really use biwire or biamp for real ?

I love the tonality of the Harbeths, they have outlived dozens of speakers through the years. However, I love the open and fast sound of Kans, but tonally they can sound a little brash to qualify as my main system.

The perception of "speed" and "tightness" is often associated with speakers exhibiting a pronounced absence of the upper-bass region. This means that you can either have that or a more natural tonal balance.
"Openness" results from an exaggeration of the presence region and the downside is listener fatigue. It also means that you can either have that or a more natural tonal balance.

See here: http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/resources/freqchart/main_display.htm

Aunque estoy encantado con mi Stirling MS-88 (ls3 / 5a), debo decir que las Proac 10 tablett fueron hasta ahora el mejor mini monitor que he escuchado. Si esta nueva versión se acerca al sonido del original, seguro que suena muy bien.

Had a chat with a dealer yesterday, planning on getting a home demo in the next couple of weeks.

The Harbeths were sounding mighty fine last night during a proper listen, it’ll be good to compare.

Had a chat with a dealer yesterday, planning on getting a home demo in the next couple of weeks.

The Harbeths were sounding mighty fine last night during a proper listen, it’ll be good to compare.
Just make sure the ProAcs are broken in properly. The Tablette 10 you hear straight out of the box is very different to the speaker that has had 40 plus hours of playback.

Just make sure the ProAcs are broken in properly. The Tablette 10 you hear straight out of the box is very different to the speaker that has had 40 plus hours of playback.

I'd say many more hours than that if I refer to the Signature 8's I once had.

Just as an update, I have the Tablette 10 Signatures on home demo. They were new into the store this week so haven’t had the recommended run in time yet, but first impressions are good.

Compared to the Harbeth P3ESR, they have more presence and sit somewhere between the Harbeths and my Linn Kan Kustone im terms of the presence and their lively nature.

They’re very open and detailed, whilst managing to sound natural. They’re certainly a strong contender. Putting the Harbeths back on, I was surprised to hear some deeper bass, but the usual Harbeth warmth came through. Both are fine speakers. The Proacs are fast and light, the Harbeths darker, warmer and forgiving.

I’ll keep listening. I’m on the fence whether to grab a pair. The music collection will reveal further differences no doubt.

In terms of the rest of the system, I upgraded a broken Chord Hugo with the new Qutest. A nice upgrade indeed. The system is sounding great with either speaker.

Anyone else given them a try?

They played them in Bristol.

Nice enough. Sounds like a small speaker which it of course is. Obviously meant for small rooms.

Just as an update, I have the Tablette 10 Signatures on home demo. They were new into the store this week so haven’t had the recommended run in time yet, but first impressions are good.

Compared to the Harbeth P3ESR, they have more presence and sit somewhere between the Harbeths and my Linn Kan Kustone im terms of the presence and their lively nature.

They’re very open and detailed, whilst managing to sound natural. They’re certainly a strong contender. Putting the Harbeths back on, I was surprised to hear some deeper bass, but the usual Harbeth warmth came through. Both are fine speakers. The Proacs are fast and light, the Harbeths darker, warmer and forgiving.

I’ll keep listening. I’m on the fence whether to grab a pair. The music collection will reveal further differences no doubt.

In terms of the rest of the system, I upgraded a broken Chord Hugo with the new Qutest. A nice upgrade indeed. The system is sounding great with either speaker.

Anyone else given them a try?

Have The Siggies you have at home broken in...........

Difficult to say. Like I said, they’re new in to the store this week, so maybe have had a few demos and around 8 hours yesterday... so I guess they have some way to go.

advertisement

Back