advertisement

Proac Tablette 10 or...?

I would add Audio note AX 1 or 2 to the list.
Designed to work close to walls.
Tricky to get hold of at present though.

Thanks all, currently working my way through researching all your recommendations :)

The Cesti's look an interesting option and tick an awful lot of boxes but one review said...

"Just occasionally the single driver does reveal very small compromises and lower volume listening isn’t quite as dynamic, with treble and bass performance seeming to be optimal as the volume increases."
https://www.hifichoice.com/content/markaudio-sota-cesti-mb

Is anyone able to validate that statement?

Would the levelled-up MBR version have better low level listening performance?

Cheers,
Chris

Impossible to say, my low level might be your mid level. I use them in the office so either LOUD or pretty subdued, can't say I noticed what they are saying, I have the MBR. Depends on your setup but if needed I use tone controls or EQ.

Gus

Impossible to say, my low level might be your mid level. I use them in the office so either LOUD or pretty subdued, can't say I noticed what they are saying, I have the MBR. Depends on your setup but if needed I use tone controls or EQ.

Gus

Good point, Amber.

Typically around 55-65db is my ideal listening range - anything above 70db triggers my tinnitus :eek:

I'm hoping to get something with relatively good performance at that db level (then later down the line I can add EQ, side wall treatment and a sub to further increase the quality of the lower level listening experience).

May I ask if above pictured spike-feet stands are available for other/any speakers ?
They look similar to those used on some earlier Rega floorstanders.
They were indeed from my pair of Rega R9s that I had at the time. Not available as far as I am aware, could try Rega direct.

advertisement

Back