advertisement

[FS] Proac Response DB3 Walnut

James Evans

Bedroom Bodger
I've had these since late 2021 and had no intention of changing them but then an opportunity to try some SM100s came along and I've been comparing the two since. They are both wonderful sets of speakers, but the SM100s are winning in my room/system. Some stuff sounds better on the DB3s, others on the SM100s, so it's been a close run thing. The DB3s certainly fit the decor better, but the SM100s have given me more "ooh" and "aah" moments since getting them :)

The DB3s are in very good condition, but not mint. I've tried to highlight the few marks in the photos, the worst being a small chip in the veneer in one bottom front corner. I can't remember if that was there when I bought them, only noticed it recently, and can only assume that's been a finger nail when taking the grilles off. The chip isn't noticeable with the grilles on, and unless you're sat up close you don't notice it (hence why I hadn't noticed it!). There are scratch marks on the underside from the previous owner, but obviously you only see these if you turn them upside down.

Can't really justify keeping both sets of speakers so these are going to have to go to help pay for the SM100s.

Boxed with all original packaging, so postage could be an option, but I'd prefer pick up/meet up/drop off if possible. I'm in Wirral and am happy to drive an hour or so to meet up (picked up the SM100s from just down the M5). I'll be driving to Sheffield at the end of the month, and Wetherby a couple of days after.

Current retail is £1,725, I'm looking for £775 plus postage if required.

Photos...

There's a pair just appeared on ebay, also in Wirral (go figure) over £300 more than these. Grab a bargain folks ;)

Should have added, I have the original terminal jumpers, just replaced them with speaker wire.

Aston-Martin-DB3-Spider-148559.jpg

Can I ask how close to the rear wall in that picture?
Thanks
In that photo about 6 inches, which is fine at the relatively low levels they were played at, but the bass would get too full with the volume up a bit so I’d pull them out into the room a bit more sometimes.

James, any stands to go with these, the atc and proacs favour different stands do they not?

James, any stands to go with these, the atc and proacs favour different stands do they not?
Hi, I've only got the stands they are on in the photos which are B&W Stav24 S2, filled with Kiln dried sand and about 15 KG each from memory. There's a user on the facebook proac group also using those stands with his DB3s The replacement speakers are also Proac, SM100s, and on the same stands. Not got round to trying ATCs yet, on the list :)

I could I suppose bundle the above stands in with a price adjustment, as it would mean I'd have to buy some new ones.

Can I tempt anyone at £700? More than £1000 under retail. Certainly a healthier treat than a chocolate egg for easter, and longer lasting too :)

The marks look much worse in the photos than face to face, the worst being on the underside, which are invisible in normal usage. From the listening position, and unless you are up close and really looking, they basically look, and SOUND, new.

Postage could be sorted if needed as all the original packaging is there.

advertisement

Back