advertisement

[IC] ProAc DB1 Speakers

Scotchegg

pfm Member
Hey everyone. Just an IC for now, I'm thinking of switching my speakers but it's mostly out of curiosity than any need, so would really only do it if anyone was interested in buying my DB1s first. They're Rosewood veneer, good condition, original packaging so I could send. Excellent condition, no marks and from a smoke free home etc. Can supply photos if anyone really is interested. Happy for anyone to come and listen and collect from central Brighton. £1400. Cheers.

Hey everyone. Just an IC for now, I'm thinking of switching my speakers but it's mostly out of curiosity than any need, so would really only do it if anyone was interested in buying my DB1s first. They're Rosewood veneer, good condition, original packaging so I could send. Excellent condition, no marks and from a smoke free home etc. Can supply photos if anyone really is interested. Happy for anyone to come and listen and collect from central Brighton. £1400. Cheers.
so what has prompted the curiosity? I know where you are coming from but would take a lot to beat them

so what has prompted the curiosity? I know where you are coming from but would take a lot to beat them

They are really lovely speakers. It's a pair of ProAc D20Rs. I have a bit of an itch to try out floorstanders and have been reading a lot of good things about the ribbon tweeter. 100% just a silly itch. I do really love the DB1s, so part of me wonders if it would just be a illy move and to stick with what I have and know I love.

For a converse view to the above. I've listened to the ProAc range. Imo the DB1's are a special speaker... Excellent indeed...

However, the D20R. Mmm. I was distinctly underwhelmed I have to say.

You have very good speakers. You might end up disappointed unless you carefully change.

My DB1s are keepers, that’s a good price you’ve got them up for, list price is £2.5K now I believe.

I’d get a home demo before I committed or ask a Fishy if you can listen to theirs.

Cheers BB

Thanks everyone. I took the advice given and went to have a listen to a pair of D20Rs at the weekend. I thought the DB1s were better for my situation. They sounded wider and more open than the D20Rs to my ears and the D20Rs didn't really give me anything I don't already get from the DB1s until I cranked them past levels I can listen at in my flat. After all that I decided to keep the DB1s and buy a new pair of Solid Steel SS-6 stands instead. :)

I took the advice given and went to have a listen to a pair of D20Rs at the weekend. I thought the DB1s were better for my situation. They sounded wider and more open than the D20Rs to my ears and the D20Rs didn't really give me anything I don't already get from the DB1s until I cranked them past levels I can listen at in my flat.
I was researching D20R vs DB1 and you nailed it. Looks like good things come in small packages 😁

advertisement

Back