advertisement

Pro-Ject's Vinyl NRS Box S3 removes pops and clicks

kristoffer

Danish Hi Fi NERD
Cheaper Sugar Cube alternative from Project?
Most of my vinyl are new , but this might still be a valuable device.

“Pro-Ject has introduced a new device that is going to be a must-have component for any record lover's setup. The Vinyl NRS Box S4 has quite a lot going on behind that minimalist exterior. The device can clean up any clicks and noise from old and damaged records to bring the record's sound back to the way it was intended. Designed to work between an amplifier and a phono pre-amp, the system can reduce noise by up to 8dB and has a dedicated knob to adjust its sensitivity.

Pro-Ject's Vinyl NRS Box S3 is the cure for damaged records
https://www.acquiremag.com/tech/pro-ject-vinyl-nrs-box-s3

Cheaper Sugar Cube alternative from Project?
Most of my vinyl are new , but this might still be a valuable device.

“Pro-Ject has introduced a new device that is going to be a must-have component for any record lover's setup. The Vinyl NRS Box S4 has quite a lot going on behind that minimalist exterior. The device can clean up any clicks and noise from old and damaged records to bring the record's sound back to the way it was intended. Designed to work between an amplifier and a phono pre-amp, the system can reduce noise by up to 8dB and has a dedicated knob to adjust its sensitivity.

Pro-Ject's Vinyl NRS Box S3 is the cure for damaged records
https://www.acquiremag.com/tech/pro-ject-vinyl-nrs-box-s3
I had a similar device a few years ago, made by Marantz I think.

I would rather have records in good condition than introduce another box.

It seems like that is what I have got.

Pro-Ject_Vinyl_NRS_Box_S3_2.jpg

Ok, then playing record will be no more different than playing cd. Maybe for somebody with big record collection ot is useful.

Ok, then playing record will be no more different than playing cd. Maybe for somebody with big record collection ot is useful.

I don't really have a problem with it being digital. 99.9999% of everything recorded in the last 25 years will have been recorded digitally anyway.

There's always the 'bypass' switch to keep MoFi 'One Step' LPs analog. ;-)

Yes, but people even today after 25 years chasing "new best dac" every few months, still not happy with converting back to analog. Strange thing.

I was really skeptical re the Sugar Cube until I heard one, so if the Project NRS is similar and comes close at a much better price point then they might be onto a winner.

Ideally, an analogue model such as the FM Acoustics ones would be preferred…think you need deep pockets for those though.

Reviews that I've read on previous Snap/Crackle/Pop removal devices have complained that they suck the life out of recordings.

It'll be interesting to see how this one performs.

I don't really have a problem with it being digital. 99.9999% of everything recorded in the last 25 years will have been recorded digitally anyway.

There's always the 'bypass' switch to keep MoFi 'One Step' LPs analog. ;-)

'Worse' than that. In 1978 Neumann introduced a digital delay used in disc cutting. As the pro guys does everything Neumann tell them, it means you can't be safe since then, irrespective of the recording is analog or digital.

I 'transfer' my LP's to digital before listening and use Audacity for 'post processing'. I use a low pass filter around the individual click (very few on my well kept records). NOT the Audacity de-clicker that certainly is detrimental to SQ.

advertisement

Back