advertisement

Printer Toner Cartridges

Shuggie

Trade: Ammonite Audio
Around 5 years ago I bought a Brother HL-4150CDN colour laser printer on the good advice of a member of this forum, and it’s been excellent for general business use, until recently when page coverage, colour and consistency of print seemed to go downhill. For some time I have used remanufactured toner cartridges, but these do seem to leak toner after a while, so I bit the bullet and bought a set of genuine Brother cartridges in the hope that they would restore quality print output. In short, the genuine toner cartridges have indeed restored the printer’s output to where it should be.

So, maybe remanufactured toner cartridges are often a false economy? Shopping around I got the genuine set of Brother cartridges off eBay for around half the usual price - still pricey compared to cheap refilled ones, but they have rescued a printer that was simply too good to throw away. I won’t be buying refilled cartridges again.

Dunno. I have a Dell laser, it's done 4 years on the first set of cartridges. 2 recently went empty, I think a set was £20 on Ebay, so I won't sweat it.

advertisement

Back