advertisement

Prince Philip RIP

Out of respect for the deceased's family and friends. And the many people both in the UK and worldwide who might be saddened by the death.

That would be the case irrespective of who has died.

Common decency for anyone I would hope.

I have no great feelings about this particular passing, and must admit to being annoyed that the media will be diverted for many days, but am honestly saddened that this thread has needed to be moderated. What have we become here?

There are some incredibly crass people on this forum. You dont have to pay your respects, or even respect the royal family at all, but do try to have the class not to air your views on a respectful thread. Fans of the royal family are entitled to share their sadness on this online community without having to hear your opinions.

Start your own thread if it matters that much to you.

Why? I'm not dancing on anyone's grave - it's important not to ignore people's 'foibles' (racist or fascist) just because they have died. We go belly up on they the day they die? Come on..
You say you’re not dancing on his grave so don’t comment. Btw I’m not a royalist, I tend to think they are a useful tourist attraction and I appreciate a sense of history but they have been far from perfect judged by today’s standards. It’s crass though to judge the past by today’s thinking. In 50 years time our current thinking will be seen as ancient and wrong.

You say you’re not dancing on his grave so don’t comment. Btw I’m not a royalist, I tend to think they are a useful tourist attraction and I appreciate a sense of history but they have been far from perfect judged by today’s standards. It’s crass though to judge the past by today’s thinking. In 50 years time our current thinking will be seen as ancient and wrong.

Yesterday, last week, last year?

"In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, to contribute something to solving overpopulation."

I cycled past the Palace on the way home tonight. Lots of media, cameras, trucks, gazebos etc at the south end of Green Park. Many people milling around, distanced and sensible. People walking up from Victoria Station with flowers. A rather grey day with the flag flying at half mast, occasionally fluttering in the wind.
Nothing for the Police to do other than try to work out who had parked their silver vinyl wrapped car travelling the wrong way down a one way section close to the Palace.
RIP Prince Philip.

advertisement

Back