Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Prince Charles

Discussion in 'off topic' started by MikeMA, Sep 19, 2021.

1. mansr

mansr Objectionist

I assumed that was what you meant, just wanted to give an example of a king being killed on the battlefield much later than Richard III.

2. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

You're spending too much time watching repeats of The Crown. It's also beginning to affect your golf game.

3. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

You hit the nail on the head - the British people are pro-Monarchy (as is the Commonwealth).

I think the Royals have already grasped that they need to 'level down'. They have adapted before and will continue to do so.

Sleep well tonight.

4. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

I'll be astonished if I live to see her funeral. Or Keith Richards' for that matter.

Rockmeister likes this.
  5. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

https://le.ac.uk/richard-iii/identification/osteology/injuries/how-richard-iii-died

More than you wanted to know, now we've dug him up from under a carpark.

Seeker_UK and Rob998 like this.
  6. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

Some of the Commonwealth countries are well aware that keeping the Queen as head of state is a very cheap option compared with paying for their own president.

Kirk likes this.
  7. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

I think they'll kidnap Helen Mirren when Liz shuffles off and wheel her out as a sub. That's got to be worth a few years.I reckon that there's a good ten years or so left in her, all she has to do is meet the odd dignitary and do the Christmas speech.

8. PaulMB

PaulMB pfm Member

Don't know, though. If the UK queen disappeared, Australia would not be forced to invent a substitute. Many countries, USA, France, do not have a figurehead "head of state," in that the president is head of the government. If Italy's figurehead president, who is not head of the government but a kind of constitutional father figure, visited Australia, I doubt they would fly QEII over to meet him.

9. MichaelC

MichaelC pfm Member

I don’t know if this is a pointer - but, this is a battle scene. Guns, swords and such like. So, who thought it a good idea to send some poor chap out to fight with a trumpet?

10. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

That’s not a trumpet, that’s blow pipe. A type of early pneumatic blunderbus. Quite lethal in the right lips.

MUTTY1 and MichaelC like this.
  11. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

I thought a blunderbus was big and red with a stupid legend on the side?

ks.234 likes this.
  12. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

They are similar, both being driven by vast quantities of hot air and both highly inaccurate and mostly tend to backfire

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  13. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

No, you're getting confused with Boris.

14. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

I like Lily Savage's take on the Royal Family:

15. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

She’s already been replaced - it’s common knowledge in those areas of the internet not controlled by the Mainstream Media. Her role was taken by someone called Billie Shears following a bizarre tripping-over-a-Corgi accident. There was an infamous photo of Buck House with a VW front left whose registration number gave it all away. Needless to say, all copies have been suppressed.

stevec67 likes this.
  16. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

You wouldn't need to penetrate the steel helmet. The whole point about killing with a stiletto was that it could be thrust through the eye holes or breathing vents in the visor without having to remove or open up the helmet, and thence into the brain :)

17. Le Baron

Le Baron Well-Known Member

I was slicing into a nice Camembert when I read that bit about a stiletto going into the brain. Brought it to life!

18. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Not a white Fiat Uno?

19. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

Putin is already engaged in trying to undermine the British state/establishment. Every time someone is seduced by the siren call of the anti-monarchists (some of whom, coincidently, are pro-Russia), they should take a moment to consider that a potential vote against the Queen would be a vote for United Russia.

20. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Sorry, what? I don't follow your argument here. Your conclusion doesn't derive from the two statements you made before it.