advertisement

Prince Andrew allegations not going away...

getting? meaning what? How getting. Hes about 100th in line for the throne I think. He is and so are 1000000 other over rich idiots in royalty, commerce, banking, etc etc etc. It's life.

Because the royals need to be held to account. The others haven't spoken out so they're potentially just as guilty - just like the current football cases

Perhaps you were intending some sort of irony, but evidence suggests that Virginia Giuffre (nee Roberts) had been a sex slave of Epstein and Maxwell since she was 15yo. Allegedly, she was seduced, groomed, used, beaten, and pimped out. No matter what ideas she had, she was a child who was robbed of what could have been her emotionally healthy teen years.
The only test will be if he is charged, tried and found guilty.

How many times does this need to be repeated, given the lynch mob mentality so often condoned in this place in the past and which has been unfounded?

We really can't accept flag waving as an excuse. If you have a daughters you'll know what I mean

paging @Joe Hutch ...

shouldn't that be:

Long-rumoured to be the Queen’s favourite son, his mum has has made her support clear.

we may need marky on this too. in my head, andrew is the subject, so it should be him as actor after that comma.
Sorry, not Joe, but while I think you’re broadly correct, in the particular context, due to the different genders of subject and monarch, I think the ‘she’ is sufficient here.

The only test will be if he is charged, tried and found guilty.

How many times does this need to be repeated, given the lynch mob mentality so often condoned in this place in the past and which has been unfounded?
I wasn't specifically referring to allegations of Andy being randy; more a response to those who might suspect a child victim of being guilty.

We really can't accept flag waving as an excuse. If you have a daughters you'll know what I mean
Were she my daughter, I suspect that I'd be just getting out of jail about now, after having done my civic duty back in 2008.
Just by the way, is/was sex with a 17-year-old illegal in NY?
Why, are you planning a trip?

A quick Google returns this...

'Individuals aged 16 or younger in New York are not legally able to consent to sexual activity, and such activity may result in prosecution for statutory rape. New York statutory rape law is violated when a person has consensual sexual intercourse with an individual under age 17, who they are not married to.'

BTW, 'who they are not married to' is what kept Jerry Lee Lewis out of jail after marrying his 13yo first cousin once removed (cousin f'ing not being a crime, apparently).

Last edited:
Because the royals need to be held to account. The others haven't spoken out so they're potentially just as guilty - just like the current football cases
lol
I think you missed the revolution...we had one in the 20's, 50's late 60's and another one a bit later.
One question. You believe that left wing politicians, rulers, oligarchs, presidents, statesmen etc are all clean, upright, uncorrupt and hell bent on making us all equal? hahahahaha
Listen, I admire a principle when I meet one, but that degree of naivety is worrying. You have to realise that power corrupts? How many of my heroes never succumbed? Maybe Ghandi, possibly Mandella and
erm
no wait I'll get some more soon.

OK I'll get back to you.
No amount of, or belief in, a principle, can overpower human nature. Greed and power rules. Story ends.

lol
I think you missed the revolution...we had one in the 20's, 50's late 60's and another one a bit later.
One question. You believe that left wing politicians, rulers, oligarchs, presidents, statesmen etc are all clean, upright, uncorrupt and hell bent on making us all equal? hahahahaha
Listen, I admire a principle when I meet one, but that degree of naivety is worrying. You have to realise that power corrupts? How many of my heroes never succumbed? Maybe Ghandi, possibly Mandella and
erm
no wait I'll get some more soon.

OK I'll get back to you.
No amount of, or belief in, a principle, can overpower human nature. Greed and power rules. Story ends.

Don't be daft - it's about exploiting privilege. This thread has certainly flushed some of you out - shockingly!

Sorry, not Joe, but while I think you’re broadly correct, in the particular context, due to the different genders of subject and monarch, I think the ‘she’ is sufficient here.

i see what you mean with the gender and the brain resolves it quickly enough, but i still had to do a little double-take (or something).

with all the stuff in the trump thread, alongside this, joe's gonna be upset he's missed "pedant saturday".

p.s. she used "optics" in the article (not about camera lenses), as well, which probably primed me.

Don't be daft - it's about exploiting privilege. This thread has certainly flushed some of you out - shockingly!

it's quite remarkable, isn't it? boys will be boys rationalizations -- mixed in with some royals will be royals.

'Don't be daft - it's about exploiting privilege. This thread has certainly flushed some of you out - shockingly!'
well gav

Privilege is how you define it. You have a very 50's mindset. The privileged people now are simply those with enough money to buy the life they want, and 98% of those people are not the aristocracy. Look at America FFS. NO royalty, no dukes or duchesses, just a LOT of 'stars' 'celebrities' and billionaires. They are blameless are they? No corruption or scandal there? Or ditto Russia...And please don't go on about spending public money. At least that's taxable and open, unlike the corruption, cheating and violence occurring to make people rich elsewhere.Our Aristos are in the news spotlight 24/7, with a VERY greedy media dying to pounce. The best we get is this. One family member might have.
Yes, he should be accountable, but only as much as 'Pete' the scrap metal guy down the road who made his 123million with some VERY dodgy dealing and runs three 'nightclubs' near me. If his grope count came up for inspection, the stats would need their own computer. Rumours of connections to east european drug and prostitute gangs abound.
As to being 'flushed out'? I wasn't hiding. If you'd asked before I'd have been happy to tell you my view then too.

advertisement

Back