advertisement

Pride

Major warnings went out over monkey pox. Hopefully all used common-sense and caution (I fear not) - not generally, but potentially, life-threatening, and always unpleasant.

Popped down to the British museum with Mrs G today for the Stonehenge exhibition. A bit of Trafalgar Sq for the pride march , then Soho and Covent Garden . Lovely atmosphere and you certainly see every kind of people!
That’s what it’s about. People being themselves. I wish I’d been there.

Major warnings went out over monkey pox. Hopefully all used common-sense and caution (I fear not) - not generally, but potentially, life-threatening, and always unpleasant.
Do you have some Serengeti predation videos you could link to?

Do you have some Serengeti predation videos you could link to?

Are you drunk?
Have you been keeping up with various health updates from WHO et al about monkey pox?

Is your post REALLY serious?

Maybe you should try to find and listen to some of the broadcast interviews with UK (mostly London-based) monkey pox patients?

Maybe you are one of the totally uncaring irresponsible?

Are you drunk?
Have you been keeping up with various health updates from WHO et al about monkey pox?

Is your post REALLY serious?

Maybe you should try to find and listen to some of the broadcast interviews with UK (mostly London-based) monkey pox patients?

Maybe you are one of the totally uncaring irresponsible?

Vinny - this weekend is the 50th anniversary of Pride. A time to celebrate some very hard won freedoms. It's a hugely significant event for many people, including I would imagine a number of PFMers.

Not to downplay your concerns but can I politely suggest this isn't the right thread.

Watched the ‘50 Years of Pride’ doc on Ch4 last night. Entertaining. Inspiring. Moving. We’ve come such a long way in one sense, and gone backwards in many others. Great to see the doc concentrating on the militant aspect, Stonewall etc, and pushing back against the increasing corporatisation and Gaywashing of Pride.

Watched the ‘50 Years of Pride’ doc on Ch4 last night. Entertaining. Inspiring. Moving.

I watched this last night. A superb doc featuring so much history, so many familiar faces (Tom Robinson, Holly Johnson etc). Really worth watching.

PS Another different Stonewall petition pertaining to trans rights. This is the current front-line in the civil rights movement IMHO. A very real and brutal persecution of a hugely vulnerable minority.

This is the current front-line in the civil rights movement IMHO. A very real and brutal persecution of a hugely vulnerable minority.

Agree 100%. The good news is that most people are nice and in my experience honestly couldn't care less how people identify. A young work colleague announced recently that they would henceforth be 'he' not 'she'. Apart from IT messing up the name change no one batted an eyelid - absolute acceptance.

advertisement

Back