advertisement

Price for DIY hifi

I'd expect a well established and reviewed design (with photos showing immaculate build quality) to sell eventually, but probably for much less than the BOM cost.
I hope you're wrong, as my Troels Gravesen Jenzen SEAS ER/NEXT transmission lines are going on sale very soon!

Joe may not build them, however Kit most certainly does. If sold with a current MOT they are considered safe. (disclaimer- an MOT is only current on the day of assessment)

The buyer could have a fresh MOT or RAC/AA survey to prove such.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Kit-Cars/183487/bn_2316280?_pgn=2

An MOT is "At the time of test" A second before or after and it is not relevant.
It is incorrect and foolish to consider it a guarantee of roadworthiness or safety at any time.
However, a current MOT does allow some options for a vehicle with, over the vehicle without.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I have absolutely no qualms about buying DIY-built amps and such from an "honest bodger" with a good reputation. I bought a few DIY builds on here in the past: DIY Hicap, DIY Naim preamp and phono cards (from Kit in the US), NCC200 power amps, Arkless Turbo+ made by Jez and probably a few more things. I have never been disappointed nor ever electrocuted. When I sold on I usually got close to what I paid for the units.

Recently I bought a DIY Pass Xono (MM) clone that arrived faulty in one channel. I received all my money back including return postage from the German builder. That was eBay so probably does not count in this context, however.

I would buy DIY again, knowing that I take a small risk and get a lot of quality for a relatively small outlay. I really wish that I had learned to do woodwork, and how to solder and test when I was growing up.

late to this one but my Elekit TU-8600SVK blew me away when I built it a couple of years ago. Original Gold Lions 300b's still going strong. I built it after building an couple fo Amp Camp Amps.

advertisement

Back