advertisement

Pretenders

nbaptista

pfm Member
I bought today the first record in vinyl.It is a álbum from 1980, and it sounds great.Chrissie Hynde sings so well.That´s what I like in vinyl, you are allways finding out new artists and bands from the eighties and the seventies!

The first Pretenders album was a huge hit in the UK, it was everywhere and spawned a couple of high charting singles. One of the many times a band has struggled to jump the hurdle set by their debut!

I’ve got a nice signed (by Chrissie Hynde) copy of Get Close. Looks great as its such a visually striking cover anyway.

Not consulted Sir Google..but were'nt Ms Hynde in a band called The Moors Murders..which were banned?
Just a flickering memory from the Desperate Bicyles days.

I still have the original album on vinyl. Lousy pressing and probably the thinnest/bendiest bit of vinyl I've ever seen. Bought it at a crappy budget record outlet - think it was an import from Spain/Latin America or some such. Despite the awful pressing, The Wait has to be one of my all time favourite tracks. Just simply one of the best guitar riffs out there (imho).

Saw them back in college when they toured with UB40 on the University circuit, all four of the original lineup. Opened with The Wait and took off from there :)

edit - live footage of the four in full flow:

Last edited:
I like The Pretenders - 'Private Life' most of all, I came backwards to it via Grace Jones. I like both versions, but Grace Jones is my preferred version.

advertisement

Back