advertisement

Pressure For Players To Give Interviews

Anyone who has a diagnosed health issue should be getting treatment.

And those who have no 'diagnosed' health issue should be pilloried if they say they do?

This seems to have been your stance since the outset so I was wondering how you manage to square that particular circle and still claim 'empathy'...

And those who have no 'diagnosed' health issue should be pilloried if they say they do?

This seems to have been your stance since the outset so I was wondering how you manage to square that particular circle and still claim 'empathy'...

And again.

I have made no comments about the tennis player.

I notice you’ve decided to personalise this discussion, which will very much set the tone. You’ve gone from denying such a sentiment was ever expressed by anyone, to trying to deflect from it. An attempt which is in fact demonstrable bollocks of the highest order and an absolute lie, because I very much did express empathy with the rest of the post,

Except that when asked for examples you edited a post to attempt to make a point.

Except that when asked for examples you edited a post to attempt to make a point.
I addressed my response to the person that posted, I have no intention of going over it again with you. Instead I suggest you go back to page one of the thread and count the number of posts who do empathise with the player, and those that don’t.

That first page is ample evidence alone that a number of people have made it known that they have no empathy with this tennis player

I addressed my response to the person that posted, I have no intention of going over it again with you. Instead I suggest you go back to page one of the thread and count the number of posts who do empathise with the player, and those that don’t.

That first page is ample evidence alone that a number of people have made it known that they have no empathy with this tennis player

I believe that a number of people posted comments at the beginning of this thread before it became clear why the tennis player refused to do interviews. And yes, I know that she had already made statements beforehand.

It's not that there's a lack of empathy here, it's just that it's going to the people who benefit from arbitrary and unfair contracts: it's (ruling) class solidarity, plus some prison guard stuff from people who don't see why others should get away with it.
Not so sure. I think that lack of empathy for anyone who is not like oneself, is becoming more pervasive. It has come from Brexit, fed into the national identity issue that gave us Brexit and now supports the anti woke movement that is being pushed at the moment.

Those who do not follow the flag, do not deserve empathy

I believe that a number of people posted comments at the beginning of this thread before it became clear why the tennis player refused to do interviews. And yes, I know that she had already made statements beforehand.
So you’ll be apologising for your post saying that no one had expressed a lack of empathy?

So you’ll be apologising for your post saying that no one had expressed a lack of empathy?

I didn't claim that people's comments couldn't be interpreted as having a lack of empathy. I did challenge your use of language with "I pointed out lack of empathy, which has quite explicitly been stated"

I do like the phrase "demonstrable bollocks of the highest order" though...

advertisement

Back