advertisement

Premier League 2016-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully agree with Scotty that its good that we're out of that tin-pot competition.
However, we need to get the season up & running pretty quickly now, as so far none of the performances we've put in are anywhere near good enough for a top 10 finish.
Why, despite several regime changes throughout the club, are we constantly dogged by early season "injury crisis"? I just can't understand it.
Matt.

I fully agree with Scotty that its good that we're out of that tin-pot competition.
However, we need to get the season up & running pretty quickly now, as so far none of the performances we've put in are anywhere near good enough for a top 10 finish.
Why, despite several regime changes throughout the club, are we constantly dogged by early season "injury crisis"? I just can't understand it.
Matt.

Yes, the injury thing is unbelievable...Right back to Ashton, Bellamy and of course Carroll as far as strikers go (all record signings ironically).

The way we start games is far too slow as well - We should have been out of the blocks and at the opposition from the first whistle last night.
The truth is it looked like arrogance and complacency (just like the Swansea match at UP last season).

Nah, we didn't deserve anything from last night, Astra clearly wanted it more.

Lets all take a minute or two out of our lives today to spare a thought for Joe Hart who may be signing on in the next few days due to the appalling way his employer is treating him, this after years of excellent (although at times comical) service to both club and country.

Here's to you Joe (Jimi raises a cup of coffee) best of luck for the future.

Signing on ? You're having a laugh right ?
Will he still do the dandruff adverts ?

Matt.

Is it just me that finds it baffling that WHU fans see the Europa League as somehow beneath them? You've won nothing but "tin-pots" in your entire history, the last one being about 36 years ago.

Aaaah, I knew the World Cup chestnut would surface.
I would argue that the cup-winners cup was less relevant than the Europa League, very few countries have major cup competitions on the scale of our fa cup, hence why it no longer exists.

I think it's a shame that many English clubs see the EL as unimportant and would rather win a couple of million extra quid of Murdochs cash by finishing a couple of places higher up the league, than potentially win a European trophy.

not beneath just not important.....by the way are these tin pots ??
3 x FA Cups
1 x european cup winners cup
1 world cup

I think you will find me old chum Bobbeee Charlton was England's best player during the 66 world cup so it was Utd who won us the world cup not west am.

i think you will find me old delusioned chum that it was the REAL Bo66y that won the WC with 2 other WHU greats Sir Geoff (hat trick) and Martin Peters (other goal) The bald Bob was a great player that cannot be denied BUT whatever way you try to feebly deny it West Ham won the World Cup......Period ! :D

i think you will find me old delusioned chum that it was the REAL Bo66y that won the WC with 2 other WHU greats Sir Geoff (hat trick) and Martin Peters (other goal) The bald Bob was a great player that cannot be denied BUT whatever way you try to feebly deny it West Ham won the World Cup......Period ! :D

Hairy Bollocks!

I was surprised to see how bad a season West Ham had had that year. Finished 12th after 18 defeats. Good job Sir Alf didn't put any more of them in. :D

The only league that counts. Last week's score followed by the total. Checkout the Predictor on BBC webpage.

Rocinante Athl. 120 250

PFM Euro 120 160

murrayj 80 140

pilpil 80 130

Freaknout 0 70

PS Lawro is on 160.

3 - 0 to Chelsea against Burnley at Stamford Bridge. The first couple of goals by Hazard and Willian were skillful affairs, but it was the final one which took the breath away.

Coming up to the 80th minute Conte substituted Batshuayi, Moses and Pedro for Costa, Willian and Hazard. They accelerated the pace of the game.

Batshuayi picked up the ball in our half and hit it down the left hand side of the pitch. Pedro pounced on it, flew past a defender and crossed to Moses who was sprinting into the box. His shot bulleted into the goal.

Batshuayi has been a great signing. He doesn't have as much brute force as Costa, but he is faster and has a great eye. Kante looks really reliable as well.

The transfer window is still open. It would be good if we get a world class striker and a defender or two before it closes.

At this very moment though, Chelsea are top of the League.

Jack

No it was the Merseyside contribution of Hunt and Wilson that made the real difference. Significantly the Cup & League winners paraded the World Cup at the 1966 Charity Shield.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mersey-world-cup-memories-roger-7246646

I think that you will find that the Liverpool Echo is somewhat partisan, you also mention numerous players as being the best as do west am supporters I mention but one player the great Sir Bobbeee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back