advertisement

Pre Power Cable Advice

linntroika

pfm Member
Hello

Ive changed my system again :rolleyes: ending back where i started with a few tweaks

My Dilemma now is what cable to use between Supercap and Dynavector hx1.2

Options are

1 - I do have a Flashback cable that was made up specially ie 4pin to 2 rca
2- Get Flashback to make me an adapter so i can attach my Mogami cables with (Mogami rca to rca eti bullet plugs)- i know Mogami goes really well with the Dynavector - just not too sure about adding an adapter !!
3- Get Ar Lunar ( specially made )

I dont know how much difference the cable makes between Pre & Power , but im using an Ar Lunar Source to Pre

Thoughts !!

I never think adaptors are a good idea. Best option would be to get someone to pop a 4-pin DIN on one end of the Mogami in place of the phonos. Or even better, learn how to do it yourself! A very useful skill.

Thanks Tony - i had reservations regarding an adapter - will phone flashback to see if they can modify my Mogami:rolleyes:

+1 for fitting the DIN-4 to a pair of Mogami to RCA
It can be done, but it needs a degree of experience with working on DIN plugs

Here be mine - The DIN is the standard PREH locking ring plug that I needed for security purposes as its carrying power & signal from a PSU. But my preferred DIN is non-locking Neutrik REAN with silver pins. Cable is Mogami 2549

IMG_2670_zpsbcfdd364.jpg

Great Pic Mike

Would Flashback be the best people to send the cable to for alternations or any other alternatives ?

Great Pic Mike

Would Flashback be the best people to send the cable to for alternations or any other alternatives ?

Yes FB is ideal for this, provided that Dave is willing to do such work.
But any skilled electronics hobbyist could do it as well.

advertisement

Back