Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

pray for minneapolis

Discussion in 'off topic' started by hifinutt, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Cheese

Cheese Bitter lover

I wasn’t particularly interested in the Floyd case, having nothing to contribute to it. There are already enough commentators. Now, out of curiosity I just read the Wikipedia page on the killing - the word is an apt one. I’m a bit late to the party I know, but gosh this is shocking.

If this wasn’t intentional, what in the world is ? Sadistic behaviour to the extreme. The two things that shocked me most is the fact that the guys didn’t tell the firefighters [intentionally?] where the ambulance had gone, and that all the involved officers had trained the situation earlier. Is it just me or were they just looking that day for some guy so they could put their fantasies into practice ?

2. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

Judge Kirschner doesn’t think Maxine Waters’ comments are likely to matter much FWIW.

Hope he’s right.

3. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Did you watch the video. That is what I found utterly shocking. Worst video I ever saw. Mr. Floyd was basically tortured to death before our eyes.

4. tqineil

tqineil Ubi fides ibi lux et robur

Was it all over a dodgy $20 bill?

5. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

It was over being accused of passing a dodgy $20 bill while black.

6. Cheese

Cheese Bitter lover

I guess I don’t need to see it. To me it looks very much like a group effort.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  7. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

America has a lot to answer for...

8. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Can relate. I haven't needed to see it again.

You might be right about the group effort part. Might be worse than just the usual 'make a perimeter' procedure.

9. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Remember how George Floyd's murder was originally reported by the Minneapolis Police?

[​IMG]

Thank goodness that all it took, for justice to prevail, was a nine minute video of the murder being committed in broad daylight.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    Sue Pertwee-Tyr, PsB and stevec67 like this.
  10. Enfield boy

Enfield boy pfm Member

I'm guessing that the evidence provided by the body cameras would likely have been ignored/lost. Anyone else filming a similar incident in future better do it from a safe distance behind bullet-proof glass as I can't imagine this one case changing the attitudes of the law enforcers in some parts of the US.

PsB and droodzilla like this.
  11. maxflinn

maxflinn pfm Member

Nancy Pelosi in a speech the other day 'thanked' George Floyd for 'sacrificing his life for justice', and for 'being there to call out to his mum'...

What a creep!

John likes this.