advertisement

Potential Level 4 heat warning for Sunday/Monday/Tuesday in England (i.e., you might die)

I started primary school in 1970, and we were taught both metric and imperial units.

Somethings stuck with me forever, I can still think interchangeably with units of length and weight. But I struggle with units of volume. Celsius stuck with me and I can hardly comprehend Fahrenheit

At least we can look forward to a gentle breeze. :confused:

I imagine the BBC don't yet have a summary option to capture the horror of what is to come...

Untitled.png

Good Morning All,

Every time there is another mass shooting horror event in the USA all sane people think surely this is the trigger point for real gun control. I'm minded of this every time we get another significant meteorologically significant event and it not triggering a serious response from authorities........

The latter is far more serious in that it will affect enormous numbers of people. It was interesting to note the male panelist on the Context programme on BBC World News last night mentioned the issue of innumerable millions migrating to get away from drought.........

The 18k coming across the Channel now is nothing to what will be faced in the none too distant future.

Regards

Richard

I don’t know what that map has got against Aberystwyth, but if I read it correctly it suggests a max temperature of 19C there on Tuesday as opposed to the BBC forecast of 32C.

Looking at that map, about the best place I could think of being next week is sat outside the Ty Coch at Porthdinllaen on the Llyn peninsula.

Looking at that map, about the best place I could think of being next week is sat outside the Ty Coch at Porthdinllaen on the Llyn peninsula.
The bit of the hour by hour forecast I always check is 2200/2300, to see what the chances are of finishing the night outside with music and a glass or two. Sunday, 24C - very nice, Monday 27C - possibly a bit warm, but I’m sure I’ll cope, Tuesday - 24C again but oh, 20% chance of rain...

Do you really think it'll take another 50 years to reach 40C in the UK?:
unknown.png

I'll just leave that there...

@Nick_G

Please don't post any more pictures of Helen Willets. It's getting hotter and she gets me hot under the collar so not helping :D

If you post any of Laura Tobin, I'll probably self combust. o_O

Me too. And a decent bottle of rosé. That’s how I got through my last encounter with 40C a few years ago in northern France (where I don’t recall any dread and panic, just a lot of people saying ‘oh la la.’)

Exactly. Been in warmer places enjoying cold beers.

advertisement

Back