advertisement

Posting speakers abroad

Yes, I know - looking at my list one couldn't exactly blame UK sellers for scarce availability to ship... But this has happened recently, a few times. In general I have found kind, co-operative people.
:)

M.

All,

I'm looking to sell a pair of floorstanding speakers (30kg each) for which I have the original inner and outer boxes. Is it risky (in terms of potential for damage) in posting them abroad?

Previously I've posted SS amps abroad but been more cautious about cd players.

Cheers,

Rob

just sent some isobariks to spain this morning as it goes

125 kg incl. stands !

You are not special, nor are your speakers ! Millions of expensive and or potentailly fragile items get sent around teh world every day on aircraft.

Just box them up properly, use a good courier (e.g. DHL) and fully insure them. if you're using interparcel then specify DHL if you can over fedex or parcelforce. IN fact I would avoid parcelforce if you can, and fedex at that. Parcelforce are a nightmare in the evnt of a claim .. AVOID !! DHL are a dutch company and are incredible to deal with. Just about the best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with, not just couriers but anyone.

Never had anything damaged with DHL ever, Speakers, electronics, CDP's, records, Fraim glass etc.. you name it and i've sent just about everywhere from St. Marteen to Indonesia to New Zealand.

I did have one claim once through interparcel using fedex. IP were very good and authorised full £400 refund of a CB hicap (only teh fascia was bent a bit in transit) pretty much as soon as they recieved the packing photos and an copied email from naim service. I got a cheque 4 weeks later.

How do people manage payments from International buyers? I'm never too sure the best way to do it so ensure fraud protection, so far I've insisted on a verified Paypal account at least then I'm covered by Paypal insurance.

Make sure you comply with ebay's seller protection guidelines. If you don't or aren't sure what that means then DON'T sell anything on ebay.

I'm not sure what that means but I have sold plenty on eBay - as with any sales here or eBay just try to be as honest and upfront as possible whilst being as careful as I can be not to get scammed....

Interparcel are highly recommended for international shippnig, much the best prices I've found, excellent comparison system

advertisement

Back