advertisement

Posting images

Jason P

pfm Member
So after much searching and reading FAQs and other posts, I've tried to post from Google Photos using a link, and from Imgur using a link or their embed code. Neither work - if I paste a link from either Google or Imgur in the image box I get 'Image cannot be loaded form the passed link' error, and the embed code just gives me code in the post. Images are JPEGs.

Can anyone help please?

Upload them here Post Images, then copy the link of the below into where you were trying

IMG-0979.jpg

I've just tried Flikr (or whatever) and having successfully registered, can't find any instructions on the page; just some photos but no 'upload' box or anything. In other words, nowhere to go to (or even log out.

I then registered with Postimages, who sent a p/word to my email. Twice I entered this p/word, after checking I'd not made an error, plus my email. Tells me sth's wrong.

Bloody hopeless. Imgur didn't work for me before either, so I'm really frustrated. There's been so much help and instr. here but nothing seems to work for me, although I admit to being useless unless every step in plain English is stated.

I've just tried Flikr (or whatever) and having successfully registered, can't find any instructions on the page
what are computer or tablet or phone are you using? are you using it through an app or the Flickr website

then registered with Postimages,
why? if you want to just post images without organising etc, you don't need to register - I haven't

I've just tried Flikr (or whatever) and having successfully registered, can't find any instructions on the page; just some photos but no 'upload' box or anything. In other words, nowhere to go to (or even log out.

I then registered with Postimages, who sent a p/word to my email. Twice I entered this p/word, after checking I'd not made an error, plus my email. Tells me sth's wrong.

Bloody hopeless. Imgur didn't work for me before either, so I'm really frustrated. There's been so much help and instr. here but nothing seems to work for me, although I admit to being useless unless every step in plain English is stated.
You do not need to login or register, just go to https://postimages.org/. I've never signed up and been using the site for years.

Start a new pfm Thread, use the Preview option top right, practice - don’t post the thread just use it to figure out what to do.

At the end of the Postimages steps below you copy the text link for a Forum Hotlink and paste it into a message

What computer or device are you using - PC/Mac/Phone/Tablet?

See if this points you in the right direction:

Choose Images

Select where your pics are located, I’m on an iPad and use the default Apple Photos Library

Select a Pic and Add

Copy the Text Link

Here’s a pic

Postimages

I posted a guide to using Post Images here

no need to register

Just get on the imgbb site and upload your jpeg; then copy the bb code; then paste it into your post.

No signing in, or passwords needed.

Thanks folks. I used to have a library with Photobucket which was useful, but I guess these non-registration ones are upload to download. GT, I think one of your pussycats has put the evil eye on me (the one with a hat !!!!)

Unfortunately, having just re-read your link, I'm still confused re Postimages. I'll have another try tomorrow, plus IngBB

advertisement

Back