advertisement

posting images here / size

Rockmeister

pfm Member
Can I make a plea? It's quite impossible to appreciate a pic when the posted image is so huge it overflows even my 27" monitor. I know I don't make the rules here, but please can we at least make sure the posted pic is viewable in its entirety without scrolling?????
Or if this is just me then , fine:)

Something must be wrong your end, there is a XenForo size-limiting script that should stop this in the event someone links to an oversized image. I’d check your browser settings and make sure you aren’t blocking javascript or whatever. It should initially display at 1024 px longest dimension and only go full res if you click on it. Works fine for me here on Safari.

I set my camera for 640 x 480 file size when taking images for uploading onto the web , Straight in no problems.

I find that too small these days, it is hard to see any detail in an image. 1024 largest dimension is useful without being too much for even the most basic computer capable of browsing a modern website IMO.

Can I make a plea? It's quite impossible to appreciate a pic when the posted image is so huge it overflows even my 27" monitor. I know I don't make the rules here, but please can we at least make sure the posted pic is viewable in its entirety without scrolling?????
Or if this is just me then , fine:)
I try and keep height 1024 or less, width seems to look after itself if I stick to this, as far as fitting on my 27 inch monitor goes. You can do this in flickr share photo, BB code.

Last edited:
Something must be wrong your end, there is a XenForo size-limiting script that should stop this in the event someone links to an oversized image. I’d check your browser settings and make sure you aren’t blocking javascript or whatever. It should initially display at 1024 px longest dimension and only go full res if you click on it. Works fine for me here on Safari.
Flickr allows me to choose numerous upload sizes using the BBcode. Anything over Large floods the page. A scan through todays posts in ‘pic of the week’ reveals at least one huge image, but I’ll check what I can do on my Mac. In truth I had no idea the view size of others pics was in my control.

always post large, but nothing has ever overflowed my screens. Occasionally on my phone, images look ultra large, but i put that occasional issue down to Chrome on Android quirkiness

advertisement

Back