advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Except we know he's not.

He'll wriggle out if it as he always has. At the first sign of any trouble his lawyers will be able to kick the can a long way down the road.

And if miracle of miracles he doesn't run for (and win the presidency) then something much worse could follow. "Son of Trumpenstein."

He has always believed he acts with impunity - his remarks about grabbing pussy, or shooting somebody on 5th Avenue, before he was elected president make that clear. So this is all consistent with his belief that, no matter what the rules said, he could do as he pleased. I guess we'll all (including him) find out whether that's true.

He has always believed he acts with impunity - his remarks about grabbing pussy, or shooting somebody on 5th Avenue, before he was elected president make that clear. So this is all consistent with his belief that, no matter what the rules said, he could do as he pleased. I guess we'll all (including him) find out whether that's true.
It has long been said in defense circles that security trouble is the one thing that can wreck you instantly and totally no matter who you are. We'll see.

"Meanwhile in Russia: Putin's mouthpieces on state TV are taunting America about "Top Secret" documents sought during the raid of Trump's estate, which they claim had to do with the newest nuclear weapons developed by the US and gleefully imply that Moscow already got to see them."

That will just be chaff thrown out to conflate the issues surrounding the seizure of the documents, of course Russia will say they’ve viewed the documents but no one actually believes them

Good take from Beau on the Cheney loss. He makes the point that even in the reddest of red states between one third and a quarter of Republican voters voted for the person trying to put Trump in jail. Ok, it hardly dilutes the fact the vast majority of Republican voters now happily embrace fascism, but it’s a better way of looking at it than I had!

Good take from Beau on the Cheney loss. He makes the point that even in the reddest of red states between one third and a quarter of Republican voters voted for the person trying to put Trump in jail. Ok, it hardly dilutes the fact the vast majority of Republican voters now happily embrace fascism, but it’s a better way of looking at it than I had!

A quarter of Republican voters, or a quarter of voters who voted in the Republican primary? Wyoming has open primaries, so voters can vote in either the Democratic or Republican primary, but not both. There was a movement to get Democrats to vote for Cheney in the Republican primary, since in the general election, the Republican would win regardless of who the Democratic candidate was.

A quarter of Republican voters, or a quarter of voters who voted in the Republican primary? Wyoming has open primaries, so voters can vote in either the Democratic or Republican primary, but not both. There was a movement to get Democrats to vote for Cheney in the Republican primary, since in the general election, the Republican would win regardless of who the Democratic candidate was.

Wyoming is so "red" that the Dems voting in the GOP primary probably don't even make a blip in the statistics.

Wyoming is so "red" that the Dems voting in the GOP primary probably don't even make a blip in the statistics.

I don't doubt that, but it theory it could've worked. Democrats make up 25% of Wyoming, Independents 18%. You throw in %25 of Republicans, and Cheney has a path to victory. Obviously it didn't happen, because she lost bigly.

I hope that is right. Seth Abramson is disappointed with the Weisselberg plea deal (Twitter). Seems to think it gets him off the hook for a very low price.

Yikes, but no surprise. The Republican Party are QAnon now. A party of whack-jobs, science deniers, conspiracy theorists, racists, religious fundamentalists and terrorist. I’d try to run for some high ground here, but our Conservative Party are much the same thing.

https://twitter.com/juliadavisnews/status/1558289365004128264[/QUOTE]
Do you mean this QAnon wack-job: Tweet? ;-)
Her eyes are crazy too!

I just hope they do this as it expected nowadays. Pretty sad state of affairs anyway.
Sunak smiles manically whilst looking through the sites of a weapon that kills as many people as possible whilst Truss just carries on posing for her personal photographer ( some media just carry on using the ‘Mad Mel’ versions so hope yet)

advertisement

Back