advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

I will feel very uneasy until I hear the details of what they were looking for and what they found.

According to BBC Radio 4 news this morning, they're looking for papers he took when he left the White House.

According to BBC Radio 4 news this morning, they're looking for papers he took when he left the White House.
Assuming they were classified documents, and assuming they found some, it'll also be interesting to learn where they found them. The duty, AIUI, would be not to take them out of a secure location (ie, the WH) and to ensure they were stored securely. My guess is that Mar a Lago doesn't have the sort of secure storage facility mandated for classified documents.

Good round-up of the radicalised Republican online response by Caroline Orr Bueno here on Twitter. Many arguing for violence, civil war etc. MTG right at the heart of it as one would expect.

I obviously hope the FBI walk away with something solid that will put Trump and his insurgency out of contention. Interesting if there is any connection to Alex Jones’s phone records here…

It won't be stuff he grabbed at the last minute for the helicopter ride home. He'll have been hiding important documents at home throughout I would imagine.

Assuming they were classified documents, and assuming they found some, it'll also be interesting to learn where they found them. The duty, AIUI, would be not to take them out of a secure location (ie, the WH) and to ensure they were stored securely. My guess is that Mar a Lago doesn't have the sort of secure storage facility mandated for classified documents.

Possibly, but classified or not, papers generated by POTUS during time in office are kept by the State. The Donald never seemed to 'get' that he was just the man in the post and everything he does is for the The State, not himself.

Possibly, but classified or not, papers generated by POTUS during time in office are kept by the State. The Donald never seemed to 'get' that he was just the man in the post and everything he does is for the The State, not himself.

His supporters don't seem to get that either. God help the states this will probably drum up support for him to run again. Sooner they wise up and change the constitution and change the electoral system the better for all the world.

Good round-up of the radicalised Republican online response by Caroline Orr Bueno here on Twitter. Many arguing for violence, civil war etc. MTG right at the heart of it as one would expect.

I obviously hope the FBI walk away with something solid that will put Trump and his insurgency out of contention. Interesting if there is any connection to Alex Jones’s phone records here…
Good question.

Quite the panic they are having. No news of armed mobs forming yet though. My fav of the posts shown: "Is this the tyrrany mentioned in the 2nd Amendment?" (emphasis added) I'm assuming most all here know the text of our short 2nd Amendment better than this fool....

Last edited:
My fav of the posts shown: "Is the the tyrrany mentioned in the 2nd Amendment?" (emphasis added) I'm assuming most all here know the text of our short 2nd Amendment better than this fool....

There was a woman on Twitter the other day who opined that "The constitution doesn't have pronouns" to which obviously "We the people" replied pointing out her mistake.

In future books about this turmoil, I anticipate the "lock her up" stuff will be used for purposes of foreshadowing and irony.

Legal Eagle with a blow by blow account of the Alex Jones debacle. Nothing really new here but why not relive it all again :)

Scott Perry, seditionist Republican who asked for a pardon over his involvement in overturning election has his phone seized by the FBI.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1557127964982132739?s=21&t=CPEYXMLaFnioPa7KlsxKDQ

So that means it is most likely Mark Meadows (white-house chief of staff under trump) who has turned for the FBI, if that’s true then Trump is ****ed, I wonder who’s getting a knock at the door next? - hope that snivelling little shit Josh Hawley gets dragged in. The FBI must have irrevocable evidence that they have a valid and clear cut case to build otherwise this could destroy the publics trust in the organisation for years to come, if it was merely a matter of documents then they could have obtained them by means already used to obtain the original 6 boxes of classified material, I think Meadows has spilled his guts and implicated Trump in exposing the documents to foreign entities or certainly within his circle of friends, whether that be for commercial/financial advantage I don’t know but I guess we’ll hear about it in due course.

This is better than binge watching 24

Last edited:
Scott Perry, seditionist Republican who asked for a pardon over his involvement in overturning election has his phone seized by the FBI.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1557127964982132739?s=21&t=CPEYXMLaFnioPa7KlsxKDQ

So that means it is most likely Mark Meadows (white-house chief of staff under trump) who has turned for the FBI, if that’s true then Trump is ****ed, I wonder who’s getting a knock at the door next? - hope that snivelling little shit Josh Hawley gets dragged in. The FBI must have irrevocable evidence that they have a valid and clear cut case to build otherwise this could destroy the publics trust in organisation for years to come, if it was merely a matter of documents then they could have obtained them by means already used to obtain the original 6 boxes of classified material, I think Meadows has spilled his guts and implicated Trump in exposing the documents to foreign entities or certainly within his circle of friends, whether that be for commercial/financial advantage I don’t know but I guess we’ll hear about it in due course.

This is better than binge watching 24
I suspect the 'foreign entities' part is what got the FBI moving.

advertisement

Back