advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

The average "good guy with a gun" does not really qualify as a member of the supposed "well regulated militia". In active shooter situations, the average "good guy with a gun" has proven to be ineffective, or the average beat cop; it takes elite law enforcement squads with special training. It's not like riding a bicycle, firearms training requires continuous training to remain sharp.

The weapons themselves have moved any ‘good guy with a gun’ counterargument entirely beyond logic. An AR15 is a terrifying device designed for mass killing, not defence. Even if one could justify a simple hand gun as a self defence weapon (which I don’t, but I can at least see the argument) allowing anyone in the general public to buy full on military-grade assault rifles just beggars belief. Here in the UK those of us outside of the military or armed police have very little concept of guns and their different classes. I googled an AR15 to see what it was and I suggest others do the same (Wikipedia). It is just insane. You may as well let people have access to cluster bombs and napalm!

The weapons themselves have moved any ‘good guy with a gun’ counterargument entirely beyond logic. An AR15 is a terrifying device designed for mass killing, not defence. Even if one could justify a simple hand gun as a self defence weapon (which I don’t, but I can at least see the argument) allowing anyone in the general public to buy full on military-grade assault rifles just beggars belief. Here in the UK those of us outside of the military or armed police have very little concept of guns and their different classes. I googled an AR15 to see what it was and I suggest others do the same (Wikipedia). It is just insane. You may as well let people have access to cluster bombs and napalm!

The horrible irony is that the police in Uvalde were scared to go after the shooter because...wait for it...they were outgunned by someone carrying assault weapons! That's why they called the Border Patrol's SWAT team for help. But then, for some totally unknown reason, the local idiot cop in charge would not give the command for them to try and rescue the kids. It's theater of the bloody absurd!

No amount of appealing to the GOP for "common sense" cooperation on reforms will work. Any federal bipartisan bills that come out of this latest tragedy will be so watered down as to be meaningless. To me, the politics of this is clear. Assault weapons are not just weapons of war, they are also very clearly cop killers. The Dems would be well served by reminding anyone and everyone who will listen of this, especially those who believe in law and order. It's the only path forward for carving out support from enough conservatives for meaningful gun controls (universal background checks, mandatory waiting periods, national red flag laws, etc.).

I thought Uvalde had their own SWAT team, funded by Texas GOP’s effort to hardened schools. It’s hard to keep up with all the (mis)information surrounding this story.

According to the Washington Post, a 4th grader trapped in a classroom repeatedly called 911 for over 40 minutes begging for police. This raises the question, why did the commanding officer outside the school think the situation changed from active shooter to barricaded suspect.

I thought Uvalde had their own SWAT team, funded by Texas GOP’s effort to hardened schools. It’s hard to keep up with all the (mis)information surrounding this story.

No idea. I did hear that the school had an armed “resource officer”, but it was reported that he was not there. Just another mystery.

You are correct about the story. The failure, the coverup/misdirection, the drip of info here and there, has been baffling. Abbott today complained about being misinformed, and then passing on the lies. Straight from the T***p playbook - it’s always someone else’s fault.

An interesting fact is that, in terms of global military spending, the US police forces rank third behind the US and Chinese military. All other nations have defence budgets less than US police, indicating what a gravy train for the arms manufacturers they are. 40% of Uvalde district local government spending was on the police. The US really is well ****ed up.

Last edited:

1653584108900-untitled-1440-810-px4.png

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxd...bragged-about-training-at-schools-on-facebook

An interesting fact is that, in terms of global military spending, the US police forces rank third behind the US and Chinese military. All other nations have defence budgets less than US police, indicating what a gravy train for the arms manufacturers they are. 40% of Uvalde district local government spending was on the police. The US really is well ****ed up.
I mean, how much does it cost for overweight middle aged white guys with tin stars to horse whip a couple of black women in the street?

"Trump read the names of the 19 children that were slaughtered in their school, then did a little dance. This sick treasonous **** was once President of the United States. In the names of those children, NEVER AGAIN!" -Rod Reiner on Twitter

Very sick, no values and devil individual!

PS- Bio

Last edited:

Numerous US police forces get hand-me-downs/discounts from the US military. The new Wild West.

"We spoke directly to Wayne LaPierre at the NRA Convention and thanked him for all his thoughts and prayers." by The Good Liar on Twitter

LaPierre (and Dana Loesch and Chuck Norris) is a punchable face below human species. NRA used to be a (mostly) hunting organization.

What is the difference between political donations from a lobby, like the NRA, and bribery of politicians ?
What is the difference between a lobby, like the NRA, threatening to fund your opponent and blackmail of politicians ?

Last edited:

advertisement

Back