advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Senator Charles Schumer sends pretty strongly worded letter to Fox News urging them to stop their fascist ‘Great Replacement’ and other white-supremacist shite: senate.gov CC’d to Fox hate-preacher Tucker Carlson too.

PS Imagine a mainstream UK party with the spine to really stand up to Murdoch, Rothermere etc? Just doesn’t happen.

Be careful Tony. Schumer is a corporate Democrat. As we all know, his brand of evil centrism is so much worse than the alt-right fascism he warns against!

Given where things are right now I’ll align with anyone who stands firmly against fascism in all its forms. I’ve been impressed with the Democrats as a whole on this. They seem to call it out far harder than Labour ever do here as they always seem to be cowering in fear at our extraordinarily racist and bigoted tabloid press which vast swathes of their voters read.

Given where things are right now I’ll align with anyone who stands firmly against fascism in all its forms. I’ve been impressed with the Democrats as a whole on this. They seem to call it out far harder than Labour ever do here as they always seem to be cowering in fear at our extraordinarily racist and bigoted tabloid press which vast swathes of their voters read.

But no one is ready to use the f-word in public.

I regard it as very very late for the Dem's rhetoric to start to show signs of taking the MAGA-fascist threat seriously. I will be much more impressed if Trump is indicted, with appropriate emergency measures in hand for any violent reaction.

I regard it as very very late for the Dem's rhetoric to start to show signs of taking the MAGA-fascist threat seriously. I will be much more impressed if Trump is indicted, with appropriate emergency measures in hand for any violent reaction.

Things look to be moving against Trump, more Republicans connected to the Jan 6th coup attempt, more corruption, more voter suppression etc. It is a disappointingly slow process, but I do think things are moving in the right way. The next thing I’d like to see Biden do is remove tax-free status from radicalised hate-preaching churches. As I understand it they only qualify if they are politically impartial, which given so many are preaching fascism and white supremacy they clearly aren’t.

The propaganda mechanisms of fascism need attacking and a lot of it is a radicalised racist far-right Christianity. Fox News obviously needs dealing with too, hopefully there might be scope for a class action from families and survivors of the recent shootings given Fox so openly promotes the fascist ‘Great Replacement’ conspiracy etc.

^ why does any Church need tax free status ? None should make a 'profit'. If they don't give any profit to charity tax them to hell.

Religion is big business in the USA with a seemingly endless number of multi-millionaire preachers etc. Remarkably bizarre and all too often hateful and bigoted stuff, but there’s always a cash angle for the church and celebrity preachers, many of whom seem to end up covered in cocaine and hookers. The more batshit extreme the message the more cash they seem able to extort from their end-users.

Looks like Barnette isn't going to win PA but still won around 25% of the vote. Is there something in the water in PA?

Religion is big business in the USA with a seemingly endless number of multi-millionaire preachers etc. Remarkably bizarre and all too often hateful and bigoted stuff, but there’s always a cash angle for the church and celebrity preachers, many of whom seem to end up covered in cocaine and hookers. The more batshit extreme the message the more cash they seem able to extort from their end-users.

Nothing to do with religion or God. Just a club for similar status/mindset people to go and flaunt their clothes ('Sunday best' has gone far too far) and reinforce their prejudices. The tax deductible and the tax free shall inherit the earth. Trump 26:36-46.

Talking of Trump: a wonderful self-own from the company buying the Trump’s far-right ‘Truth Social’ has warned investors of his record as a serial bankrupt (Business Insider).

PS Whether this is being offloaded due to the Musk Twitter deal I have no idea, I don’t follow it closely enough, though the more I look at that one the more I suspect Musk is doing some remarkably dubious market manipulation and has no real intention of buying Twitter at all. Just like Trump I don’t trust a word he says on any subject.

I regard it as very very late for the Dem's rhetoric to start to show signs of taking the MAGA-fascist threat seriously.

Indeed. There was a compilation of all the times Pelosi has said "We need a responsible GOP party again" in recent news interviews and donor events recently which will have one shaing one's head in disbelief. This refusal to call out the GOP as part of the MAGA problem because of some sort of belief in congress decorum (that is never reciprocated) is massively infuriating and a huge missed opportunity for the midterms.

I'm constantly reminded of the Chris Rock line, the Democrats want to win the fight without throwing a punch.

I suppose there is still some hope that multiple GOP persons will be damaged by the House open Jan 6 hearings.

But it seems unlikely that anyone would be damaged enough to keep them from wearing it as a badge of honor for their base.

This all day long. It's impossible to fight fairly against an opponent who has no intention of doing so

This. It is also intensely frustrating to see Joe Manchin and Kirsten Sinema yammer on about bipartisanship, resisting any change to the filibuster rule, when there is no one on the GOP side willing to compromise.

This. It is also intensely frustrating to see Joe Manchin and Kirsten Sinema yammer on about bipartisanship, resisting any change to the filibuster rule, when there is no one on the GOP side willing to compromise.
It's almost as though having the moral high ground is more important than actually, you know, winning.

If they GOP gain control, they'll will carve out an exception to the filibuster to pass a national ban on abortions. The Democrats aren't willing to do the same thing to protect abortion rights, mainly due the 2 senators you mention.

If they GOP gain control, they'll will carve out an exception to the filibuster to pass a national ban on abortions. The Democrats aren't willing to do the same thing to protect abortion rights, mainly due the 2 senators you mention.

Hopefully the threat of this will get out the democratic vote at the mid terms. While I agree that it's frustrating to watch the democrats bring a nerf gun to an AR15 fight ultimately the solution lies with the electorate, and if they
- don't bother to vote because it "doesn't make a difference"
- abstain because the dems are not left enough / have not passed enough legislation
- vote for the republicans because - have you seen the cost to fill up my F-150 ?

Then, to some extent, they're going to get the government that they deserve.

In a sane country the democrats would wipe the floor with the republicans in the mid terms.

advertisement

Back