advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

I’d prefer that he live, because there is at least a chance that he’ll get older and wiser, and then be tormented by what he did, for the rest of his life.

NY State doesn't have the death penalty any more, so he won't even get to be martyr to the cause.

Here’s a truly terrifying clip of Greg Locke, a US Christian fundamentalist hate-preacher, in action in an American “church” (Twitter). The comparisons to the Taliban, Al Qaeda etc are entirely valid IMO. This is all part of the same descent of a nation into fascism.

Can you imagine if guns were legal in the UK? We'd be shooting each other over minor traffic incidents.

Guns are legal in the UK, you just have to jump through a few hoops to own virtually anything you can justify a use for, excepting assault rifles and machine guns.

Here’s a truly terrifying clip of Greg Locke, a US Christian fundamentalist hate-preacher, in action in an American “church” (Twitter). The comparisons to the Taliban, Al Qaeda etc are entirely valid IMO. This is all part of the same descent of a nation into fascism.

Someone should tell Rev Locke that most baby deaths in the US occur after birth, and that the US has a higher infant mortality rate than almost every other developed nation - especially in Republican states. And the reason that so many babies (and mothers) die in the US is the for-profit healthcare system that is so cherished by his Republican party.

Someone should tell Rev Locke that most baby deaths in the US occur after birth, and that the US has a higher infant mortality rate than almost every other developed nation - especially in Republican states. And the reason that so many babies (and mothers) die in the US is the for-profit healthcare system that is so cherished by his Republican party.

I’m pretty sure he knows, and doesn’t give a flying fück.

I wouldn't bother. From what I gather most of the US population would be better off if health care and gun control legislation was changed to look like what we have in Europe. All that prevents it is the mostly ideological resistance to becoming more Europe and less "America", so any kind of rational argumentation isn't likely to have any effect.

Last edited:
Can't speak for Yank, but the (lack of) indications are otherwise in the UK so it's a good job we're only allowed peashooters and cap guns. And eggs!

Can't speak for Yank, but the (lack of) indications are otherwise in the UK so it's a good job we're only allowed peashooters and cap guns. And eggs!

Oi!

I always indicate . . . usually with my middle finger. . .

[For the pedants (cyclists) - it's just a joke, okay?]

There's no need for eggs where I live; birds crap on the car every day, anyway. Perhaps they're trying to tell me something. To make things worse, my partner drives an Audi A5, which is not spared the avian bombardment. Must be an omen. We're doomed, I tell ya.

John

Great to hear Biden in Buffalo, I only caught a short clip on Sky but he described the mass shooting as “domestic terrorism” and “white supremacy”. Again he stands up in a way that is sadly rare at present. No hiding behind ‘lone wolf’, ‘mentally ill’ etc. It is what it is and those who incite it need flushing out.

The wolves are not lone. The packs are online.

…and broadcast 24/7 on Fox News, AM radio, rammed home by fundamentalist hate-preachers in hugely powerful and wealthy “churches” etc etc. There is a lot of fascism being shoved right in peoples faces at the moment. Sadly where the USA goes the UK is only ever 6 months to a year behind.

Senator Charles Schumer sends pretty strongly worded letter to Fox News urging them to stop their fascist ‘Great Replacement’ and other white-supremacist shite: senate.gov CC’d to Fox hate-preacher Tucker Carlson too.

PS Imagine a mainstream UK party with the spine to really stand up to Murdoch, Rothermere etc? Just doesn’t happen.

Great to hear Biden in Buffalo, I only caught a short clip on Sky but he described the mass shooting as “domestic terrorism” and “white supremacy”. Again he stands up in a way that is sadly rare at present. No hiding behind ‘lone wolf’, ‘mentally ill’ etc. It is what it is and those who incite it need flushing out.

He seemed strong and clear-headed to me, but that doesn’t matter. Almost all on the right and some on the far left will continue to call him weak and senile.

advertisement

Back