advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Don't forget Meadows also took a midnight train to Georgia in 2020/1, to try to gain entry to a vote re-count (where he was barred from entry). This particular canary has a lot to sing about. Perhaps he does know the history of Chiefs Of Staff v disgraced Presidents when it comes to pardons or jail time after all.

If Mark Meadows has only just testified then an indictment this week seems too soon. I think we might have to wait a few more weeks.

Meadows has pleaded guilty to federal crimes in exchange for an immunity deal on other crimes. This will almost certainly require him to testify to the grand jury (for the indictment) and then at any subsequent trial. This will all have been agreed and done in the last few weeks and only selectively leaked to increase pressure on Trump and other potential cooperating witnesses. Smiths investigation has also been very disciplined on leaks and it's hard not to think this is another deliberate move once all the ducks are in a row.

Also according to multiple sources, Smith has had Trump's lawyers in to tell him he is a target of this investigation which I believe is usually something that happens very late in proceedings and indicates an indictment decision is imminent.

At least that's what I understand from the reporting.

Hey, Trump, you've got a Head Like A Hole:

"Bow down before the one you serve
You're going to get what you deserve
Bow down before the one you serve
You're going to get what you deserve"

For once, this Supreme Court has come down on the correct decision: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/06/08/voting-rights-act-dodges-bullet-at-supreme-court-00101004

The decision featured an unusual ideological breakdown: Chief Justice John Roberts wrote the court’s majority opinion, joined by the court’s liberal bloc — Justices Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan and Ketanji Brown Jackson. Conservative Justice Brett Kavanaugh also joined most of Roberts’ opinion.

The court’s other conservatives — Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch and Amy Coney Barrett — dissented.

I was spanked a lot on this forum for posting a similar message to that a while back...was considered terribly mean.

One wonders how far along the scale someone has to be to be able to avoid a bad taste objection in making a joke about their death. Although I felt I was on safe ground with Robertson who, to quote the old Guardian forums measure, seemed worse than 10,000 Hitlers.

I do hope Robertson is rotating at high speed in the kind of hell he might have believed-in, at some point.

Vile expressed personal beliefs, leading to vile influence; and via vile means (which he vilely exploited to made him rich , personally)

There are people with surnames beginning with T, P and J on my list, I am sure I am not the only one.

One wonders how far along the scale someone has to be to be able to avoid a bad taste objection in making a joke about their death. Although I felt I was on safe ground with Robertson who, to quote the old Guardian forums measure, seemed worse than 10,000 Hitlers.
I remembered what it was: this post, written back when the news came out that Trump had COVID. https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/trump-part-20.244048/page-54#post-4128021

I read back there and don't see much sign of the disapproval I remember, I think Tony pruned most of the noise away. Said it 'wasn't a good look.' I can only imagine at this point, some objecting to the sentiment, some doubling down on it....

advertisement

Back