advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

DeSantis has declared with all the mannerisms of a screeching ranting fascist. A desperately low-IQ bigot shouting at all that is decent. He was at his intellectual level as a torturer at Guantanamo Bay. Sadly our Tory Party will be watching and learning.

“Woke is an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English (AAVE) meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination".”

(Wikipedia)

This is the enemy Ron DeSantis seeks to destroy. What an utter prick.

The bits in Leviticus where you are told to love foreigners, not mistreat them and leave the leanings of your field for them and the poor would definitely be a bit too lefty for them.
Yeah, and that nice one about the stranger within your gates (migrants), and ... the neighbours, and ...

@Tones ascribed, or delineated, this lurch very precisely - quite some years ago now - as Christianist: in that it has exactly the same sense of relation to the quiet devotion & ethical choices of a Believer, as an Islamist, has to Islam.

Last edited:
The Musk DeSantis thing live now on Twitter is 100% comedy epic fail. Servers crashing all over the show! It is basically not happening. I’m watching via a Vaush live YouTube stream and it is just so funny. Yet more evidence Musk is actually a moron. Just a very rich one (who obviously didn’t buy bandwidth).

Listening now, probably not for much longer as they’re all a bunch of circle jerk whining ****s that I’d never tire of sparking out

This was just so weird. I’ve long suspected Musk is genuinely an idiot, he’ll have tried to sell something he doesn’t understand that doesn’t work. That’s just what Musk does, but what the hell was DeSantis thinking effectively launching a presidential bid on a bloody Skype alternative? Twitter Spaces is a crude sound-only chat-room for gamers etc. It’s a “solution” for people who don’t know Twitch or YouTube live-streaming exists! WTF was he even thinking? Could he really not fill even a small live venue with real people where it would inevitably get mainstream TV coverage? Is fear of no one coming the real reason here? Twitter Spaces? WTAF?

That said I’m not complaining! It is hysterical watching two of the very worst people on the planet humiliating themselves so conclusively. Pure comedy gold!

Can anyone give a short summary or link to a news article?

Apparently Washington Post have evidence that there were ‘dress rehearsals’ at Mar-A-Lardo where staff were instructed to hide certain documents if the authorities came to seize them. One carried out the day before the actual raid. There is also an accusation that Trump showed the documents to a good number of people. As such what may once have been a failure to return the documents in a timely manner has likely jumped up many legal notches to a full-blown conspiracy and, depending exactly who Trump was showing stuff to, something far, far worse. Beau explains it far better with accurate definitions and explanations of the legal terms and I suggest watching the video.

Can anyone give a short summary or link to a news article? No time to listen to someone blather on in a video

Fresh evidence that Trump continues to hide classified documents, and may have moved some from Mar-A-Lago to his Bedminster NJ home before the FBI raid on Mar-A-Lago

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/25/politics/trump-mar-a-lago-documents/index.html

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-search-bedminster-classified-documents-1802835

https://twitter.com/TristanSnell/status/1661848126502699013

It feels like the Mueller report all over again. When are they finally going to lock this criminal up ?

I like Beau too, but I'm very busy today with only short breaks. I can skim text more effectively than jumping around a video to glean the main message.

I agree and have given up on youtube for breaking news for a couple of reasons. Firstly by their nature a youtube video will bury the lede as there is always some ceremony before we get to the actual point. Secondly, these channels are not journalists and the underlying facts will almost certainly be available from the original source on Twitter.

So it's just much better, I think, to post a pull quote and link to the tweet, which will include a link to the original article. The article might be paywalled of course but the tweet will include the main information in a single tweet or thread. e.g.:

Washington Post said:
Breaking news: The Post has learned that investigators have new evidence of possible obstruction in the classified-documents investigation, including an alleged "dress rehearsal" for reviewing material Donald Trump wanted to keep. https://wapo.st/3qa9G0C

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1661799155218481166

YouTube generally is much better where people have something to add to the reporting rather than the BREAKING! 5 mins clip.

(No shade on Beau -- all the political news and commentary channels do the same as it's how you make money on YT.)

In this case I think Beau explained it really well with the card file later on in the video. I’m obviously no legal expert and the distinction between the various potential charges confuses me. That picked the bones out of it nicely. Hopefully we’ll see some proper charges soon now.

Popok with another "NEW FINDINGS! HOT TAKE!" video.

In this it's the same information about the dress rehearsal, the valet and the contractor and what is actually new appears to be confirmation there was national security info in the leaked info and that he showed this to other people. And that those two facts together indicate an espionage charge instead of the obstruction charge. Although it takes about 8 mins of breathless commentary to get to this bit.

Popok said:
Find out why DOJ’s new Mar a Lago evidence focuses on Espionage Act/Trump showing “national security material” to others & why that crime does NOT require that documents be “classified,” destroying Trump’s defense on my (hot) Take:

https://twitter.com/mspopok/status/1662434184844005377

advertisement

Back