advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

If that's how they think, hope they're feeling lucky, what with there being so many powerful handguns out there and all.

If history is a guide it shows us that middle class and poor Americans with guns usually kill other middle class or poor Americans. The directors of Enron were not shot when they swindled many Texans out of their retirement savings. The Sackler family have not been gunned down for profiting from the opioid overdose tragedy. Unfortunately the "right" people are rarely on the receiving end of the summary justice they so richly deserve.

But it's coming:
These came up on YouTube for some reason - the comments have to be read to be believed.

P.S. Worryingly, this appears to have become the sort of thinking of a large slice of Trumpism, so much so that Trump himself is becoming almost "establishment", according to Peter Wehner, notable Republican anti-Trumpist:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/08/radicalism-post-trump-gop/619891/

You tube has a system for comments, the uploader of the video can edit them, remove them etc. If your comment is removed its removed for everyone but you, you think its still there. No doubt there have been plenty of comments to contrary of what is there but were removed.

Also, wtf.

If history is a guide it shows us that middle class and poor Americans with guns usually kill other middle class or poor Americans. The directors of Enron were not shot when they swindled many Texans out of their retirement savings. The Sackler family have not been gunned down for profiting from the opioid overdose tragedy. Unfortunately the "right" people are rarely on the receiving end of the summary justice they so richly deserve.
Speaking of Texas, more total bananas:

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/september-1-2021

I'm afraid that this is the way the US as a whole seems to be going, and it will all end in tears, or hails of bullets, or both.

Perhaps it's time for women to move away from Texas? I have long wished that we could airlift all Afghan women who didn't wish to live under the Taliban, and then let the Taliban slowly go extinct. I now feel the same about Texas.

Perhaps it's time for women to move away from Texas? I have long wished that we could airlift all Afghan women who didn't wish to live under the Taliban, and then let the Taliban slowly go extinct. I now feel the same about Texas.
I presume neighbouring states will see a steady stream of women seeking abortions, in the same way that the UK mainland used to see Irish women.

I presume neighbouring states will see a steady stream of women seeking abortions, in the same way that the UK mainland used to see Irish women.
The problem is that Texas is a big state and people who want abortions are usually at the bottom end of the earnings graph. And most of the neighbouring states are occupied by knuckle-draggers who also desperately want to return to the Pleistocene.

Reactions: PsB
All the other Red States will pass similar laws now the Supreme Court has said it's ok I guess. And yes abortions won't be a problem for rich women, only poor women and people of colour.

And of course if it were men who get pregnant then we would have never had a problem with abortion laws. It's basically a function of misogyny and men's requirement to control women and their bodies.

. It's basically a function of misogyny and men's requirement to control women and their bodies.

That and a Victorian (or Puritan) attitude toward pre-marital sex. Since, to them, sex is only for procreation, there should be no such thing as an unwanted pregnancy. The American Taliban would legislate that if they could.

More gun McNutters. Texas almost deserves its inevitable future mass shootings.
I've long had this suspicion that the real purpose of the abortion banners is to provide a more target-rich environment for school shooters.

You tube has a system for comments, the uploader of the video can edit them, remove them etc. If your comment is removed its removed for everyone but you, you think its still there. No doubt there have been plenty of comments to contrary of what is there but were removed.

Also, wtf.

Thanks I never realized that. It explains how a lot of these uploads have no negative comments which I thought was weird out. Youtube shouldn't do that as it is allowing the uploader to skew the reality completly.

It really is terrifying; fascism, white supremacy, religion, misogyny, corruption and internet conspiracy theory all coalescing into one gigantic shitberg that if not stopped threatens to turn a global superpower into a sub-Taliban hell-zone. Just incomprehensible.

McCarthy obstructing justice:
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/31/...committee-records-requests-warning/index.html

Apologies if already posted. The specific threat is, with regard to telecom and social media companies and the investigation into the insurrection:

"If these companies comply with the Democrat order to turn over private information, they are in violation of federal law and subject to losing their ability to operate in the United States," the California Republican said in a statement he posted to Twitter. "If companies still choose to violate federal law, a Republican majority will not forget and will stand with Americans to hold them fully accountable under the law."

McCarthy's office would not provide CNN with a specific federal statute that a company would be in violation of if it complied with a duly empaneled congressional committee.

Suggestions are that this is an empty threat with no legal basis, but it's still shocking how far things have slipped that the House Minority Leader thinks he can get away with this.

McCarthy obstructing justice:
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/31/...committee-records-requests-warning/index.html

Apologies if already posted. The specific threat is, with regard to telecom and social media companies and the investigation into the insurrection:

Suggestions are that this is an empty threat with no legal basis, but it's still shocking how far things have slipped that the House Minority Leader thinks he can get away with this.
Surprised if the media don’t react to this. In the U.K., the media is all about protecting the interests of the powerful, including themselves as they are usually owned by the powerful. Any politician making threats against the media is cutting off the hand that feeds him.

That and a Victorian (or Puritan) attitude toward pre-marital sex. Since, to them, sex is only for procreation, there should be no such thing as an unwanted pregnancy. The American Taliban would legislate that if they could.

But who will those hypocritical gropers grope in future ?

advertisement

Back