Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Yank, May 19, 2021.

1. Darmok

Darmok "In Lation, Trans Lost."

Covkxw, Durmbo, Nick_G and 4 others like this.
  2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

LOLtastic.

CarrotMan, Barrymagrec and Darmok like this.
  3. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Fascists gonna fascist
    https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/18/desantis-trans-health-care-florida-universities-00078435

This sounds very similar to what's going on in Texas
    https://www.texastribune.org/2022/12/14/ken-paxton-transgender-texas-data/

Durmbo likes this.
  4. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

5. guey

guey pfm Member

Well, that won't go well for George Santos. One wonders if the GOP are trying to get rid of him - finally.

sean99 likes this.
  6. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

It is incomprehensible. The erosion of the whole 20th century civil rights movement and the imposition of and absolutely vile white-supremacist Christian Taliban/fascist rule.

I linked to a Keffals video a few weeks ago, it will be upthread somewhere. She was uncharacteristically rattled and saying trans folk in Texas etc really need to think about getting out. The threat is now genuinely existential. It looks very like LGBTQ+ rights in Belarus, Georgia etc where folk are now so persecuted they are being smuggled out of the country by hidden resistance support networks. Fascism is on the rise everywhere and this is the front line.

martin clark and Durmbo like this.
  7. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

8. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr neither here nor there

Hook likes this.
  9. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

Darmok likes this.
  10. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I suspect he is a lot more dangerous than even Trump. Trump was/is a brain-damaged narcissist opportunist so wrapped up in his own ego and self importance he was prepared to use fascism as a tool for power and disruption. DeSantis is an actual ideological fascist with absolutely everything that comes with that terminology. The real deal.

narabdela, sean99, Yank and 1 other person like this.
  11. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

The Supreme Court's investigation into the leak of the Dobbs opinion (overturning Row v Wade) has been inconclusive. Quelle suprise. I'm convinced it was Alito himself who leaked the early draft, probably vis his religious-right praying partners, so naturally the Court will circle the wagons around their own.

12. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Another day, another mass shooting. This time at Monterey Park in California and at a Chinese lunar new year event. No idea if the shooter was yet another Trump fascist/far-right incel at this stage.

13. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

Darmok, ErikL, Yank and 4 others like this.
  14. Hook

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    Covkxw, DonQuixote99 and ff1d1l like this.
  15. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

More background here, this bomb has been ticking for a while. This may be the guy who forced Comey to announce the Hillary email investigation right before the 2016 election. https://www.businessinsider.com/exc...trump-russia-grand-jury-oleg-deripaska-2022-9

16. Hook

17. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

The New York Times is reporting that Freedom Enemy #1 will be allowed back onto Facebook and Instagram in the near future. I for one will boycott the systems utterly if this happens.

Covkxw likes this.
  18. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Reflects the delay in bringing him to account, they are of course completely concerned with revenue but the longer the vacuum, the easier it's been to find it possible.

19. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Trump has been ‘unbanned’ on Twitter for a couple of months now, but has proven too cowardly to post as he knows he can’t censor the relentless piss-taking he’ll justifiably get. He’ll just stay on his own ‘Truth Social’ cult site where there is no scrutiny.

Darmok likes this.
  20. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

A kind interpretation. IIRC in June his contractual exclusivity agreement with his own platform runs out. That will be the time he starts back on Twitter.