advertisement

Post-Trump; Biden President Elect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats another couple of Loser medals to add to the list for Trump,how any Republican Senator can jump up this afternoon and declare their allegiance to such a loser is beyond stupidity

Thats another couple of Loser medals to add to the list for Trump,how any Republican Senator can jump up this afternoon and declare their allegiance to such a loser is beyond stupidity

Yes. I predict that in 2024, being seen to have backed Trump's anti-democratic antics won't be a good look.

This little graphic on that page is sobering. After all that Trump has done, particularly since the election, he still seems to have a large support base:

wco8i0xep424.png

F-ing hell.

Democracy in America 'evolving'? To what? One asks...
I suspect Putin did not expect to succeed so easily in polluting the American political system.
Its seems to have become a tribal tug of war (or worse) where 'decency' 'truth' 'rule of law' etc have all become meaninglessly naive concepts -- to be manipulated at will.
I sincerely hope i am wrong for all our sakes...

Too late Nic, the polls have closed! ;)
Given I'm British and sitting in Sussex, I think the polls having closed is just one obstacle of many! :D

Actually, watching CNN, I think I'm gleaning that the two state senators represent separate constituencies of voters...I think!

I hope there will not be lynching.

There are lots of people flooding in to DC to show their support who are inevitably going to be very disappointed today, and doubly so if the second seat in Georgia is confirmed for the Dems.

The National Guard are out as well as the DC police but I think it’s inevitable there will be scuffles, at best. If it descends into violence and riots, Trumpty will doubtless point to this as evidence of his support, completely ignoring the fact the he has been encouraging exactly this.

I do hope it doesn't descend in to violence and civil disorder,outside the White House,as that would give Trump all the excuse he needs to impose some form of martial law,if it erupts, he doesn't have any other cards in his hand left to play

Quick question: Do American voters get 2 votes in a senate election where both the state's seats are up for grabs?

Yes. Senate elections are state-wide. Each Senator represents the whole state.

Each state has two, but normally the six year terms are staggered so they don't both come up for re-election at the same time. Warnock will have to run for re-election in 2022, but whoever wins the Perdue/Ossoff election will serve the full six years and be up for re-election in 2026.

I do hope it doesn't descend in to violence and civil disorder,outside the White House,as that would give Trump all the excuse he needs to impose some form of martial law,if it erupts, he doesn't have any other cards in his hand left to play

There were already some arrests last night, several Trump supporters arrested for gun crimes and fighting with police. I really hope this doesn’t descend into something really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back