advertisement

Post-Trump: Biden President Elect II (Trump tantrums, riots etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if two separate armed gangs robbed separate banks, both taking huge sums of money. One of them shot some security staff. Four dead. The other shot and killed 8.

Would you like the gang that murdered only 4?

Would you tell people not to criticise them?

Unless the Dems make significant and rapid progress to improve the lives of the poor and stop local lawmen executing black people they will just be contributing to the anger and resentment that enabled Trump. Business as usual is nowhere near enough. The GOP will have the time to come up with a new, improved Trump and a plan to lock him (unlikely to be a woman) in power Putin stylee. It would be naive to have confidence at this early stage that the Dems have the desire to make the changes necessary.

Imagine if two separate armed gangs robbed separate banks, both taking huge sums of money. One of them shot some security staff. Four dead. The other shot and killed 8.

No, obviously what you do is tell people they might as well support the gang that murdered 8, because the gang that killed 4 knew they shouldn’t have, but did anyway, whereas the gang that killed 8, well everybody knows they’re a bad lot so you can’t really blame them. And the leader of the gang that killed 8, well, he might once have said that he probably would fix it so nobody killed anybody, so that’s ok, because we can trust him.

Unless the Dems make significant and rapid progress to improve the lives of the poor and stop local lawmen executing black people they will just be contributing to the anger and resentment that enabled Trump. Business as usual is nowhere near enough. The GOP will have the time to come up with a new, improved Trump and a plan to lock him (unlikely to be a woman) in power Putin stylee. It would be naive to have confidence at this early stage that the Dems have the desire to make the changes necessary.

This is my fear. I fear that this is the 4 year calm before the coming storm. My wife has plans for the house. I just want to save / bank as much as possible and be prepared to bail from the country in 4 years if a "new improved Trump" gets voted in.

I can't help but hear that in my head as if it was spoken by Rod Serling.

Hook,

An excellent article about Nero fiddling while Rome burned.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/02/18/trump-is-guilty-of-pandemicide/

Indeed. If Trump had pushed for masks from day one, the COVID body count could well have been halved. Instead, half a million will be dead by the end of this weekend.

zaYRE4U.png

Joe

Hook,

Indeed. If Trump had pushed for masks from day one, the COVID body count could well have been halved. Instead, half a million will be dead by the end of this weekend.

Joe

Joe, the numbers are astonishing, as is T***p’s unprecedented callousness and incompetence.

“...But let history record that no sitting U.S. president—since April 30, 1789, when George Washington took the first oath on the balcony of Federal Hall on Wall Street in New York City—has willfully allowed such preventable carnage to unfold on the American people.”

I posted this earlier in a different thread but it's worth a repeat. Caitlin Doughty is a mortician who talks a lot about death. She's never seen anything like this.

Her take on what's happening in just one city in the US.

Joe

Imagine if two separate armed gangs robbed separate banks, both taking huge sums of money. One of them shot some security staff, eight dead, and used all the money to line their own pockets. The other shot and killed four, and used half the stolen money to feed hundreds of starving orphans.

Which gang would you choose to take over your neighborhood. It WILL be one or the other.

And what if one of the gangs didn’t do anything to protect lives and because of its deliberate inaction half a million people died?

Joe

Man, the rug necessary to hide that kind of crime being swept under it really better tie the Nation together...

... Republicans, Dude.

[posted in full acknowledgement of where the UK stands in a dreadful mire of its own ineptitude, choice &making - just to be clear.]

I posted this earlier in a different thread but it's worth a repeat. Caitlin Doughty is a mortician who talks a lot about death. She's never seen anything like this.

Her take on what's happening in just one city in the US.

Joe

So true. The lack of US government help has been mind blowing. Even here in Massachusetts when I needed a COVID test over the summer because I had symptoms and had to drive my daughter to college (and there are signs everywhere to get tested if you feel sick) I went to the state website and it was nothing more than a bunch of links to private providers, each with different requirements in terms of referrals, appointments, costs, which insurance they accepted (if any) and test turnaround time. COVID has fully exposed the utter disaster of the US's fragmented for-profit healthcare system, and yet still half of the population will trot out the tired old mantra that market forces will fix healthcare if only we strip away what little regulation the US has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back