advertisement

Post-Trump: Biden President Elect II (Trump tantrums, riots etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's the Arkansas Governor's Mansion. They were dressed like that while he was in office.

eDKBALX.jpg
I like the fibreglass faux-Grecian portico. No modesty spared. Does he have a whipping post round the back?

There will be literally a lifetime of civil suits and charges heading his way. My bet is he is already long past bankrupt before he even starts, so hopefully he’ll be slowly bled dry and even end up in jail for corruption, money laundering etc. My main concern is his family. I really want to see the sons out of contention as potential political figures as the have all of the psychopathy of the father. They are the long-term danger, wannabe dictators all.
Ivanka looks at least sociopathic, too. In fact she may the most dangerous, I think the brothers are a bit thick.

My main concern is his family. I really want to see the sons out of contention as potential political figures as the have all of the psychopathy of the father. They are the long-term danger, wannabe dictators all.

.. including Barron? Or just Eric and Don Jr?

I'm still hopeful although I didn't realise that impeachment wasn't a legal conviction which seems a bit of an anomaly, surely if a politician/president of the USA kills someone for talking sake then he/she would be convicted in a court of law or at least tried but as I understand it impeachment only relates to political 'crimes' and being tried and convicted of impeachment only means that your disbarred from running for office in the future?

I'm guessing that being convicted of impeachment is a big deal but only politically?

I thought that if trump was convicted in the senate then he would have been sent to gaol, seems not.

A bit more to it but in essence...
Think of Impeachment more like an indictment / charge.
The House looks at the evidence, and if warranted impeaches.
Then it goes to the Senate for triaL

Yes she has serious in-party competition already, two years out -- Lt. Gov Tim Griffin and former State Attorney General Leslie Rutledge. No Democrats have announced.

"I actually really like Sarah. I think she’s very resourceful. But she burns facts and then she uses that ash to create a perfect smokey eye." - Michelle Wolf

Her dad is a truly mediocre bassist:

huckabee-on-bass-386x400.jpg

He only learned banjo playing & forgot to change his clothes when he picked up the bass

There will be literally a lifetime of civil suits and charges heading his way. My bet is he is already long past bankrupt before he even starts, so hopefully he’ll be slowly bled dry and even end up in jail for corruption, money laundering etc. My main concern is his family. I really want to see the sons out of contention as potential political figures as the have all of the psychopathy of the father. They are the long-term danger, wannabe dictators all.
It remains to be seen if his fundraising dries up. Otherwise he can probably fund his civil suit defences via victimhood go-fund-me schemes

Do I misunderstand or have the Dems given blocking control of any Senate bills by two of them saying they would never vote to abolish the filibuster? That means 41% of the Senate can block any bill?

Are they ****ing idiots or what? McConnell & GOP is a dead duck & they are giving him & the GOP power back - Trump on one side, threatening with his 'Patriots Party' & the GOP Senate minority is the very time to drive home your majority power. If they **** this up, the US should disappear into oblivion as it is basically controlled by the GOP & a Dem party that doesn't know their ass from their elbow

It remains to be seen if his fundraising dries up. Otherwise he can probably fund his civil suit defences via victimhood go-fund-me schemes

It depends on the scale of his debts. I know some banks are already backing away from him. I suspect the whole Trump ‘empire’ is pure smoke and mirrors and he is just a black hole of blag and borrowing. We have all seen the extent to which he lies, it is safe to assume he has been doing so in every deal throughout his life. I really hope he and his family get pulled apart forensically in court action after court action. The scale looks to be so huge I can picture the rest of his life being a series of trials.

It depends on the scale of his debts. I know some banks are already backing away from him. I suspect the whole Trump ‘empire’ is pure smoke and mirrors and he is just a black hole of blag and borrowing. We have all seen the extent to which he lies, it is safe to assume he has been doing so in every deal throughout his life. I really hope he and his family get pulled apart forensically in court action after court action. The scale looks to be so huge I can picture the rest of his life being a series of trials.
Sure but I was talking about his fundraising from his supporters - he amassed about $300M, I think in his last wire fraud - has this dried up, I wonder?

If he can keep going back to that well, he is relatively safe

Do I misunderstand or have the Dems given blocking control of any Senate bills by two of them saying they would never vote to abolish the filibuster? That means 41% of the Senate can block any bill?

Are they ****ing idiots or what? McConnell & GOP is a dead duck & they are giving him & the GOP power back - Trump on one side, threatening with his 'Patriots Party' & the GOP Senate minority is the very time to drive home your majority power. If they **** this up, the US should disappear into oblivion as it is basically controlled by the GOP & a Dem party that doesn't know their ass from their elbow

No, they are not idiots. McConnell agreed to the 50/50 power sharing plan (using the precedent from 2001) based on the “intentions” of two Dem Senators to not vote to kill the filibuster. All the Dems now have done is give the Republicans a chance (however slim) for cooperation.

IMO, there are a couple of things that could happen next. It all depends on the level of Republican obstruction going forward. The two Senators could simply change their minds, and vote to kill the filibuster. More likely, they could vote for the more specific and limited (and unfortunately named) “nuclear” option to pass a particular bill.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/01/25/senate-mini-nuclear-option-mcconnell/?outputType=amp

Hopefully that is not a paywalled article.

I do think that there is still a chance the Dems will undo the filibuster, but not in the short term. It is a very risky move, with the potential for really bad consequences later. Recall that were it not for the filibuster, the Republicans would have been able to eliminate the ACA.

My preferred scenario would be a true blue wave in 2022, with an outright Senate majority. I also dream of a 60+ seat super majority (which is not out of the question if the Republican Party continues to fracture).

Sure but I was talking about his fundraising from his supporters - he amassed about $300M, I think in his last wire fraud - has this dried up, I wonder?

If he can keep going back to that well, he is relatively safe

It all depends on how things pan out. Corporate criminality of this scale is way beyond my knowledge, I really do not understand this stuff at all, but one would hope his creditors would have access to any pots of money. I guess he’ll likely declare bankruptcy and start out yet again, but I don’t know the US rulings as to whether fraudsters can stand for office etc.

It all depends on how things pan out. Corporate criminality of this scale is way beyond my knowledge, I really do not understand this stuff at all, but one would hope his creditors would have access to any pots of money. I guess he’ll likely declare bankruptcy and start out yet again, but I don’t know the US rulings as to whether fraudsters can stand for office etc.

The U.S. Constitution does not restrict convicted felons from holding the Presidency or a seat in Congress. But Presidents can be impeached and convicted, and Congress can vote to expel any member that colleagues deem unfit or unqualified to serve. They can also vote to prohibit an individual from holding any office (including the Presidency) in the future.

Independent of the Federal government, States may bar convicted felon candidates from securing statewide and/or local offices.

FWIW I don’t think Trump will run again. He is way too much the narcissist to cope with another defeat, plus he is way too old and unfit. My fear is his sons. Like Sadam Hussain’s and those of other dictators they may well be a lot worse than the father. Donald Jr is the one that scares me. He seems a remarkably cruel, destructive and deranged individual floating many miles from the nearest moral compass.

FWIW I don’t think Trump will run again. He is way too much the narcissist to cope with another defeat, plus he is way too old and unfit. My fear is his sons. Like Sadam Hussain’s and those of other dictators they may well be a lot worse than the father. Donald Jr is the one that scares me. He seems a remarkably cruel, destructive and deranged individual floating many miles from the nearest moral compass.

I don’t see any of T***p’s spawn running. They aren’t very bright, and I don’t believe any of them would automatically inherit the base. Besides, the brand is very damaged right now and, hopefully, will remain so forever.

Must admit, it would fun to see any one of them getting dismantled on a debate stage!

Thanks
It just illustrates to me how ****ed up the US political system is - the majority should have the power to govern & pass bills
It would focus the mind on the consequences of your vote!!
Yes, if the GOP are in the majority they get to pass whatever bills they wish - same with Dems - it works in the rest of the world but not the US, doh??

I don’t see any of T***p’s spawn running. They aren’t very bright, and I don’t believe any of them would automatically inherit the base. Besides, the brand is very damaged right now and, hopefully, will remain so forever.

Must admit, it would fun to see any one of them getting dismantled on a debate stage!
I don't know - Don Jr seems able to tap into the crowd like his father & probably has the same cunning as him too or could learn. He seems to me to be the most dangerous

Aww, that would make his dear old dad so proud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back