Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Post-Trump: Biden President Elect II (Trump tantrums, riots etc)

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Sue Pertwee-Tyr, Jan 6, 2021.

1. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

What percentage the military do you believe actively supports Trump? Personally I’m amazed any of them can even if they hold right wing views, after the disgraceful way he treated McCain, his disrespectful behaviour at the WW1 commemoration in France and his blatant draft dodging.

2. AnilS

AnilS pfm Member

Draft dodging Trump.

He's learnt from an early age how to dodge.
    That's what grifters do.

3. guey

guey pfm Member

andrewd, Durmbo, PsB and 3 others like this.
  4. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

An inability to engage in basic logical thinking is a necessary condition of being a Trump supporter

5. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

This is true and true that is accidental!

6. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

though, to be fair it’s no worse than the UK FPTP system.

7. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

The US system is objectively a lot better as our second house is just a combination of hereditary wealth and political cronyism. It has zero democratic accountability. The US system falls down with the political appointment of judges leading to some truly repugnant religious fundamentalists obtaining control, people who have far more in common with the Taliban than democracy or civil liberty. Our judiciary tends to be conservative with a small ‘c’ rather than partisan, and that is a critical factor. It currently still has the ability to stand up to an unhinged alt-right Tory Party whereas the US system has been infiltrated to the extent similar Republican criminality goes unchecked. These are all very fragile systems and as the world lurches ever rightwards are under real threat.

andrewd and sean99 like this.
  8. TheDecameron

I loved that- when KK.Karen flies into D.C on a private jet, high on rebellion cos her freedoms are being trampled by Sleepy Joe & The Radical Antifa ( sounds like a hipster blue grass band) and takes time out from sacking the Capitol to advertise her Real Estate business before petulantly demanding a Presidential pardon.

andrewd likes this.
  9. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

Oh dear. It looks like the sienna seditionist is back on Twitter using another account under a previously-used alias:

https://twitter.com/NotTrump1946

First post was on January 8th, and the floodgates of delusion have poured forth since. I've reported it to Twitter.

10. billo

billo pfm Member

It would be great if these things could be delayed by a few hours, then someone could say "Sorry, Mr. Trump it looks like you are walking to Florida" :)

Durmbo and TheDecameron like this.
  11. Ciunas Audio

Ciunas Audio Trade: Ciunas Audio

Just a bit of comedy showing up the idiots at the attempted insurrection

12. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK I had amnesia once or twice...

"Do you know where the sedition is?" :)

TheDecameron likes this.
  13. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

Funniest thing I've seen this week.

14. Tumeni Notes

Tumeni Notes pfm Member

So ... DJT will be flying DC to Florida, on Air Force One, on the morning of the inauguration. He gets the use of the plane up until 12.00.01pm, then it's Biden's.

Does anyone remember that movie, a thriller, something to do with hijacking a plane, robbery or such, and the pilot, under duress, kept delaying take-off because the nose wheel "felt squishy", and possibly other excuses ???

Wouldn't it be great if AF1's pilot delayed things beyond 12.00.01 ??? Yup, long walk.

15. gingermrkettle

gingermrkettle Deep vein trombonist

The FBI could extend their riot no fly lists to include some of the instigators?

Darmok and ff1d1l like this.
  16. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

Trumpers in military? Somewhat higher that general population because the services self-select for authoritarians; somewhat lower because Trump and Trumpism violate important military norms. Hard to say how it all works out, especially in National Guard units, which are more civilian-like ...

Yank likes this.
  17. TheDecameron

I believe it’s common parlance on U.S social media. There are highly amusing threads on Twitter covering their deeds.

18. TheDecameron

That’s both hilarious and a chilling distillation of what happened that day. It should be adopted as a prosecution opening statement!

19. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Lot of talk about America needing to heal itself, for coming together and moving forward.

Does some sort of truth and reconciliation body need to be authorised?

Is the first truth that needs to be examined the truth, or otherwise, that Trump really won the election?

20. PsB

PsB Citizen of Nowhere™

Funny how a lot of the people in the US who are now talking about coming together etc. were hell bent on division two weeks ago. Good to see the FBI mopping them up.​