advertisement

Post-Trump: Biden President Elect II (Trump tantrums, riots etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should Biden wish he can increase the number of judges on the Supreme Court, he could add a few less extreme members such that key acts like Roe v Wade cannot be reversed and other more enlightened practices could be introduced to the USA.

It will take more than wishing, he'll have to get it through the Senate too.

It would take four new seats to re-take the majority in the Court, which may seem excessive to some.

It would take four new seats to re-take the majority in the Court, which may seem excessive to some.
Maybe three to even things up then...?

I wonder if the GOP would worry about that? Oh shoot, they wouldn't. Biden should not only do that and point to the GOP's shenanigans as justification, but he should pull every trick he can think of to reduce the voter suppression and amend electoral systems. Start thinking what would Mitch do? No more pussy consensus, no more taking spoons to a knife fight. ;)

Good - I sincerely hope the GOP tears itself apart over the next couple of years so that the Dems can cement control in the mid-terms. It would be so richly deserved. However I'm cautious, because one thing the GOP has been very good at over the past 30 years is keeping its eye on the prize (control of the Supreme Court, disenfranchising ordinary people, and creating rule by corporation).

I think the wealthy and corporations who bankroll the GOP will also be very well aware of the danger and will rally around to contain the far right. The far right are their "useful idiots" who help them to con ordinary folk into voting for financial self immolation, but they will be thrown under the campaign bus as soon as they become a liability.
I think you’re right, to a degree. The problem is, although Trump seems to have a degree of control over what he’s unleashed, that situation is very fluid. Only last week the leader of the Proud Boys stated on social media that “I control the Proud Boys Donald, not you.” As much as the hard right of the Republicans would be likely to ditch the fascist street fighters when they’re no longer useful, the fascists will do exactly the same to Trump if and when they believe he no longer speaks for them or is of any use to them. That festering sore, significantly emboldened by last week’s antics, won’t go back in the bottle very easily.

I think you’re right, to a degree. The problem is, although Trump seems to have a degree of control over what he’s unleashed, that situation is very fluid. Only last week the leader of the Proud Boys stated on social media that “I control the Proud Boys Donald, not you.” As much as the hard right of the Republicans would be likely to ditch the fascist street fighters when they’re no longer useful, the fascists will do exactly the same to Trump if and when they believe he no longer speaks for them or is of any use to them. That festering sore, significantly emboldened by last week’s antics, won’t go back in the bottle very easily.
It’s becoming obvious that once the genie is out of the bottle, even the mango Mussolini may not be able to control it. There are tens of thousands of them and they are very heavily armed.

It's just possible this will be the last execution in America:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55642177

I wonder how damaged is a system which allows this 7 days before a lame duck gives way to an abolitionist?

Last Federal execution anyway...

There hadn't been any Federal executions in the past seventeen years, until Trumpolini's blood lust re-emerged. States, on the other hand, have been doing the dirty deed all along.

:D

138831762_10157256276407574_211088509997881103_o-jpg.155047

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back