advertisement

Post-Trump: Biden President Elect II (Trump tantrums, riots etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The flip side of course is the fact that McConnell’s change of tack is down to the simple reality that Trump is no longer of use to him and rather come out and state his case against Trump, he’s hiding back in the bushes, eyes swivelling.
And on the third hand, it may be occurring to him that should Trump succeed in his quest for lifelong dictatorship, the Speaker of the House would have only rubber-stamp power....

It is also worth noting it has taken root in a nation where radicalised fundamentalist religion is an accepted part of day to day life.
So long as its not Muslim

I find it bizarre that Pompeo is claiming that al-Qaeda is now based in Iran.
If you know anything about Sunni and Shia, they are extreme opposites.

The flip side of course is the fact that McConnell’s change of tack is down to the simple reality that Trump is no longer of use to him and rather come out and state his case against Trump, he’s hiding back in the bushes, eyes swivelling.

Mitch already hated Trump. But Trump cost Mitch his position as Majority Leader. Power means everything to Mitch.

Mitch already hated Trump. But Trump cost Mitch his position as Majority Leader. Power means everything to Mitch.
Thus Mitch may yet come around to seeing 17 Republican votes for conviction as a thing he would actively seek. For his personal interest reasons, of course.

I suspect that McConnell will drag out possible Trump impeachment support as bargaining chip/leverage during Biden's first 100 days. The Dems have already hinted that they'd like to postpone impeachment hearings until after Biden has had chance to get his initiatives under way. The nice thing is that, should the GOP throw Donald fully under the bus to get a few things that they'll be wanting out of negotiations, the by then freshly restored Justice Dept will direct themselves to fully pick over his carcass, all without any prompting from the White House; for this is how the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the US government are meant to operate, at least so far as when they haven't been compromised.

What I've always found most telling of Trump's stupidity is that he so easily allowed his ego to direct himself into politics, a world where his entire lifetime of misdeeds was bound to be laid bare, eventually. It was the first thing that crossed my mind on that day back in 2016 when he and his trophy rode down the golden escalator at the shorter than advertised Trump Tower. What an idiotic maneuver for someone so obsessed with optics! But, more so than that, what an idiotic career move for someone so dirty! I've known a few malignant narcissists in my lifetime, none were quite so dumb as to draw such scrutiny.

Of course, the only thing we know for certain at this point is that this will be DJT's finest hour on television, the ratings are sure to be huge.

Son of a Supreme Court judge in court for the riots last week.

From CNN

Aaron Mostofsky, the 34-year-old son of a state Supreme Court judge, appeared remotely for the Brooklyn federal court proceeding. US prosecutors in Washington, DC, have charged him with felony theft of government property.

The criminal complaint cites a video interview Mostofsky gave to the New York Post while inside the Capitol building six days ago, where he says he believed "the election was stolen" and that he traveled from his home in Brooklyn to Washington, DC.

So long as its not Muslim

I find it bizarre that Pompeo is claiming that al-Qaeda is now based in Iran.
If you know anything about Sunni and Shia, they are extreme opposites.

The war on Iraq was based on equally absurd claims. USA MIddle East policy is directed by.... wishing to destroy all Muslim countries that stand up for Palestinians.

Excellent article on the MainlyMacro blog regarding Trump, Brexit and the extent to which this mindset has taken root here in the UK. It is pretty clear the Biden administration view Johnson (correctly IMHO) as a third-rate Trump wannabe.

There will be no special relationship between Mr Biden and Mr Johnson. Mr Biden, being the more important figure, will have the whip-hand. No bad thing really.

There will be no special relationship between Mr Biden and Mr Johnson. Mr Biden, being the more important figure, will have the whip-hand. No bad thing really.

The Special Relationship is never about the people, it's about their role and the countries they lead.

So far today;

- Lady Republican who announced her intent to carry her Glock into the chamber has had a stand-off with security at the door to the building, refusing to surrender her weapon, and refusing to go through the metal detector.

- Other Repubs have been walking around the metal detector, and pushing Capitol Police out of their path as they bypass security.

- A former WH staffer for Trump has been whining about his new contract being rescinded after his employer's client found out his origins. It was either lose him or lose the contract, and since he hadn't even been trained for the new role, not surprisingly, they lost him.

- New York City will be terminating all business contracts (ice skating rinks, Central Park carousel, Trump Golf Links, possibly others) with the Trump Org, announces NYC Mayor

- Rep. Sherrill claims some congresscritters led rioters on reconnaissance tours of the building a few days prior

I'm sure there's more, but it's really difficult to keep up ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back