advertisement

Post Office enquiry

The more I watch this, the angrier I get.

Evasive answering and lack of any accountability.

I need to stop watching it.

And none of the executives will see jail time :mad:

That's my reaction to the fictionalized account, I'm not sure I could bear the real thing without bursting an aneurysm.

That's my reaction to the fictionalized account, I'm not sure I could bear the real thing without bursting an aneurysm.
It’s slightly more bearable than PMQs! The non answers are at least an answer, not a question in retort.

The cover up is blatant. I think it’ll coalesce around this Angela VdB and Vennells. I’m amazed that VdB didn’t throw Venells under the bus but it seems it may have been the other way round from the emails seen yesterday. Honourable lady of the cloth. Let’s see eh?

They lie and lie and lie again, common theme. Hopefully Alan Bates will bring his own prosecution if the police don’t go ahead first. Once the enquiry is over the whole of the PO board and Fujitsu need to be in the Dock.

AVdB was stone cold heartless throughout the only thing left to protect was herself. She deserves to be behind bars. As a nation we should make sure it happens.

They lie and lie and lie again, common theme. Hopefully Alan Bates will bring his own prosecution if the police don’t go ahead first. Once the enquiry is over the whole of the PO board and Fujitsu need to be in the Dock.

AVdB was stone cold heartless throughout the only thing left to protect was herself. She deserves to be behind bars. As a nation we should make sure it happens.
Yesterday the Inquiry Chairperson warned the witness about self-incrimination - it might have been said to previous witnesses but yesterday was the first time I had heard it.

Their homes, belongings, savings, and other wealth should be liquidated and paid to the postmasters.

It struck me that Angela Van den Bogerd would have to be very insensitive indeed to go through the legal grilling inflicted upon her yesterday without some effect on her mental health.

Horrible woman for sure, but how much vilification can be piled onto one human being before human rights cut in.
If I were her I would be contemplating calling it a day.

It’s getting ridiculous. The whole board must have known what was going on. For sure. If not they were negligent in their duties as directors and should be shot in any case. Yet happy to see innocent lives ruined. They all need assets, pensions, the lot stripping and jail time.
The RM board plead ignorance. Pushed the implied cover up down to the POL board. Vennels in particular was mentioned. It’s beyond belief that one of these so called big thinkers didn’t ask why so many were being prosecuted? You have to wonder if they’d always thought SPMs were thieves and the system had finally caught up to prove it?

It’s getting ridiculous. The whole board must have known what was going on. For sure. If not they were negligent in their duties as directors and should be shot in any case. Yet happy to see innocent lives ruined. They all need assets, pensions, the lot stripping and jail time.
They say it's tough at the top.

Corporate culture is ruthless with no time for the little guy as this sad affair demonstrably illustrates.

The RM board plead ignorance. Pushed the implied cover up down to the POL board. Vennels in particular was mentioned. It’s beyond belief that one of these so called big thinkers didn’t ask why so many were being prosecuted? You have to wonder if they’d always thought SPMs were thieves and the system had finally caught up to prove it?
Ignorance at board level is either a dereliction of duty, or incompetence. Either way, they should be unemployable and sacrifice a chunk of their earnings and pension. Pay them what they are worth, for the standard of work they actually put in.

Hugh Flemington this week, Head of Legal.

He shamelessly can’t recall, or can’t remember. What a liar. No apologies for posting this again:

Gareth Jenkins next week. Fujitsu IT Architect. That should be interesting if the ray gun hasn’t affected him too. I’m not sure he has the motive to protect. If I was the driving force behind the scenes quiet words with him would’ve been had.

advertisement

Back