Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible Porcupine Tree reunion?

Discussion in 'music' started by leroyd, Oct 30, 2021.

1. manicatel

manicatel pfm Member

Think you’re right.
    It’s on Qobuz directly, but not on Qobuz when I search through Roon.
    Can’t work out why Roon doesn’t let me see the whole Qobuz catalogue but I assume it will be there in time?

2. Brits

Brits pfm Member

Great news and long overdue but a real pity Colin Edwin doesn’t appear to be involved. Takes some of the shine off for me ….

leroyd likes this.
  3. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

Playing now via Qobuz app on work PC - defo a Roon thing

4. Euan

Euan pfm Member

I like the later parts of the song but not the initial parts. I don't like the bass sound at all.

I shall wait to hear more before deciding whether to buy or not. I already own enough PT and SW solo to get by.

5. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

It's a real grower - if the rest of the album is of similar standard I think we're in for a treat.:)

6. seagull

seagull Seabird flavour member

Only one UK date mentioned so far. SSE Arena in Wembley.

Not for me, too far to go for an arena gig.

Andrew C! likes this.
  7. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

If it's the venue I think it is then I saw Steely Dan there about 20 years ago and I certainly wouldn't go back - too big and too many people wandering around drinking,eating, talking - doing just about anything other than listening to and appreciating the music.

8. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

Yes I saw Rush there years ago and got told to sit down by a security guard because i was trying to see the band from the front rather than the side with the awful seating arrangements. You would have thought PT would play the RAH.

9. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

I believe the RAH is Steven Wilson's favourite venue bar none but I think I'm right in saying that the SSE holds at least twice the capacity so from a commercial point of view I guess it makes more sense to play the larger venue.I'll be (hopefully) going to the gig in Paris (Zenith) which again is a large venue but around half the size of the SSE.

10. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

The more I listen to this new track the more it reminds me of 'Grace For Drowning' era.

madscientist likes this.
  11. seagull

seagull Seabird flavour member

You're definitely not selling this venue to me. I gather it used to be the Empire Pool. Horrible venue so I'm out.

12. molee

molee pfm Member

I thought I'd book a pair of tickets to see what the fuss is about but site kept on saying they couldn't find any tickets. As others have said. Wembley is a dump so I can't be arsed to keep trying. Off to the Sebright (capacity 150) on Saturday-more my cup of tea.

13. goatiebaby

goatiebaby pfm Member

Tried for tickets at 10am and like molee said kept getting told no tickets available, tried just now and got the 3 tickets I was after. Quite a few now available via the presale.

14. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Watching this at the moment - interesting stuff.

smike likes this.
  15. manicatel

manicatel pfm Member

Does anyone else think the mix on Harridan is very bass heavy? I’ve heard it on a couple of different systems now & the bass drum intro just sounds very dense & over blown in the bass end.

16. smike

smike pfm Member

Been watching this too. Steven Wilson is a bit of a genius I think.

webster likes this.
  17. Euan

Euan pfm Member

Doug likes it.

mikeyb and webster like this.