advertisement

portraits of your city

I do like the juxtaposition of the lingerie in the window and the hijabs, it works as-is.

it still would be there with a closer shot -- i would have done a horizontal. the way it is now, the hijabs are not obvious, IMO.

btw -- even though i took the picture, i am morally outraged at women wearing sexy mini tracksuits in broad daylight. it makes them look like jewelry thieves or mailboxes.

I too am outraged. It gives me impure thoughts that are bound to go unfulfilled and makes me wish that I was young again.

Cologne, Germany

30100833348_3daac310ce_c.jpg

I do like the juxtaposition of the lingerie in the window and the hijabs, it works as-is.

It is very clever, and well seen...

The best picture I never took was in Marrakech in 2004. I was walking into the medina from my hotel in the modern part of town, and by then I had got used to sights like men in jelebas walking along holding hands - that is normal, but I was confronted by two girls walking towards me, holding hands, having an animated conversation as young ladies in the late teen / early twenties do and one of them was dressed in a full burqa, which was actually unusual in Marrakech at that time, and the other in a halter top and miniskirt that would have raised comment in any european city, and arrest in may parts of the world... they both obviously had no issue with each others dress sense! I just couldn't bring myself to point a camera at them. Wonder what Borsi would have said?

advertisement

Back